Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace internal Door

Options
  • 27-06-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering is there a shop that I can go to buy a new internal door that will also take care of fitting as well or do I have to buy and then get carpenter?

If the second then where is best to buy a door, all I can think of is B&Q

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy00

I don't know if any shop would supply and fit one door, but as a carpenter myself, if you bought a door I would gladly pick it up for you and fit it. Pm me if interested ??, best place to buy the door would be Mcdonaghs, Higgins or Mcmahons hardware in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

And I have an internal door in good nick if you don't mind second hand:D
    PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

timmy00 wrote: »
    I don't know if any shop would supply and fit one door, but as a carpenter myself, if you bought a door I would gladly pick it up for you and fit it. Pm me if interested ??, best place to buy the door would be Mcdonaghs, Higgins or Mcmahons hardware in the city

I find Brooks and the Door Depot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy00

having hung doors from the door depot twice, i dont care how much cheaper they are, i would not use their doors again, cheap and poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

having hung doors from the door depot twice, i dont care how much cheaper they are, i would not use their doors again, cheap and poor quality.

they are owned by a major door manufacturer in this country. Its likely most of your doors in your home are made by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Thanks for the feedback, I'm gonna give Brooks and McDonaghs a look in and see what they've got and what the price is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Was just going to point out Door Depot in North Point but hadn't used them myself. How hard is it to make a door? It's like when I heard Cost Plus sofas are terrible... you'd think how hard is it to make a sofa? Makes me want to check it out just to see if I can tell or if I'm the clueless type of clientele they rely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

You will get good quality and **** quality from all suppliers, sometimes there are good discounts on good quality doors once you know what to look for.
    Regarding price, I could make a solid oak door for 675 euro plus vat, an engineered / veneered door would be anything from 125 to 230, depending on the core/ thickness of the finished veneer. All down to choice / budget.

Advertisement