Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping in car at Willie Clancy?

• 27-06-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking I might head down to MM for the Willie Clancy this summer for ceol agus craic.
    Last time was a few years back and we had a room but this year I have an estate car that has a big boot.
    I assume it's ok to sleep in car but is there a place where I can park and sleep the drink off in? :D
    Do the Gardai do be checking and do people for being intoxicated inside the cars even if you're just sleeping?

Note, I plan to sleep properly and leave many hours (and probably have lunch) before I head home the next day. I just don't want to splash out on a room since I have a roomy car.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Figerty

Can you park and pitch a tent in the Clonbony GAA grounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

If you are found under the influence asleep in your car with the keys on you, you can be done for Drunk in Charge of a motor vehicle, Sect. 50 RTA
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1961/en/act/pub/0024/sec0050.html

A tent would be cheaper than a push bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah I know but was hoping the Gardai wouldn't bother checking in cars at Willie.
    I've slept in car before at Clonmel and some other spots and didn't have anyone knocking on the window, and that was in public car parks.
    I guess it depends on if you get unlucky.

Might just sleep in car but not on public road. I don't want to sleep in a tent when the car is roomy enough to sleep comfortable in.
    Will hand the ignition key to a mate so it's not with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

ye should be grand, done it a few times at willie meself, also b and b's mates house, tents.. gards usually have more on their hands. avoid Spanish point car park.. all night loud music non trad young eejits, head up the ballard road a bit or the church grounds. enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah was grand. Was thinking of heading up to Derry but will definitely not sleep in car there. PSNI aren't joking around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement