Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking with formula

Options
  • 27-06-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm posting in my sisters behalf.

She said on the tin of formula you can keep a bottle in the fridge for one hour. She wants to know if she cooks something with the formula, like pancakes, would they keep for more than an hour? Would you just treat the food as though it had been made on cows milk?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I make my bottles up every morning like I was told in the hospital. I would only throw one out after 24 hours. However they change their mind on this all the time.

You are told to throw it out after an hour only if baby starts drinking it but doesn't finish, due to bacteria from baby contaminating it.

I have never cooked with formula, only added it to food, didn't know it worked.

Anyway in answer to your question, they should be safe for at least 24 hours once they are refrigerated as soon as they are cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If the baby is over 6 months it is safe to cook with cows milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks for replies!

He is over 6 months alright but has been sensitive to a lot of foods so she doesn't want to introduce dairy just yet. It's a lactose free formula she's using for time being.

Advertisement