Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning label on elastic cord.

• 27-06-2013 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Today I went to my local Arts and Crafts shop to buy stretchy cord to string beads and make jewellery. When I arrived home, I read the back of the product (I know, should have looked at it before) and it said : WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
    I have done some research on this label and many people are saying that this warning comes under prop 65 which states that all products containing certain chemicals must be labelled. Has anyone else had experience with these labels? Should I be worried about using it? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,828 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Really you have to make your own decision on this. It doesn't tell you how much you would have to ingest before there was the slightest chance of the damage listed. According to the experts, coffee, burned toast, roast meat will all give you cancer. If you go into the garden there are any number of seeds that will make you more or less sick. Car exhaust fumes, pretty well any chemicals can do damage. Being in a room with a cigarette smoker, likewise. If you believe, on the very limited information available, that there is a danger, then don't use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

looksee wrote: »
    Really you have to make your own decision on this. It doesn't tell you how much you would have to ingest before there was the slightest chance of the damage listed. According to the experts, coffee, burned toast, roast meat will all give you cancer. If you go into the garden there are any number of seeds that will make you more or less sick. Car exhaust fumes, pretty well any chemicals can do damage. Being in a room with a cigarette smoker, likewise. If you believe, on the very limited information available, that there is a danger, then don't use it.

I threw it out yesterday :) Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement