Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotline Miami

Options
  • 27-06-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Anybody DL Hotline Miami?
    Started playing it today, onto the 7th chapter - Neighbours.
    Game is insanely hard at times but there's nothing more satisfying than clearing a level.. Especially after dying 50 times :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Had it on PC before picking it up yesterday.

It handles really well on the Vita. The touchscreen is well utilised too.

Very tough game alright but so satisfying when you get it right. The soundtrack is incredible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm getting this next week :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

It's also cross-buy, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Got this on PC and thought it was insanely hard but heavenly glorious at times :D

Gonna get this on on the ps A-SAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Had this on my laptop, but trying to play with a trackpad rendered any attempt to clear a level futile at best. Played the first chapter and a half on PS3 before work, and its as gloriously violent and unforgiving as I knew it would be. The thumping, eargasmic soundtrack is incredible. One of my favorite games this generation by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I was the same, I had it on my laptop and couldn't turn fast enough using the arrow keys and it seemed he seemed to move slower as well, way better on PS3 I have to say
    Very addictive, great soundtrack well worth the €8

Has anyone managed to finish it yet?
    What chapter are ye on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Here's the soundtrack,if you like it.

Here on Soundcloud

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I had it on the PC, but picked it up on the VITA and found it controlled better on the VITA. But might just be me. Awesome game either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Is there a demo for this on ps3?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This game is fecking hard :)

Lol what chapter are you on?

Chapter 1,I keep dieing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Chapter 1,I keep dieing :)

What are you playing on? I have it on PC but I'm finding it a lot easier with a controller than KB+M. Also I never knew till last night that you could lock on to guys, that makes it way easier too.

Playing on vita,ya locking on makes kinda easier but I keep dieing,I'll keep trying though :).

Dying is all a part of the experience. Waded through 3/4 rooms on chapter 10 (I think), knife* in hand and racked up a 12x combo. Ran down the corridor without checking where the enemies were and got a facefull of shotgun. Had to do it all again. Its handy-ish for trying different tactics.

*The knife btw, best weapon ever.

I keep dieing :)

Its a pain in the hole aint it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Dying is all a part of the experience. Waded through 3/4 rooms on chapter 10 (I think), knife* in hand and racked up a 12x combo. Ran down the corridor without checking where the enemies were and got a facefull of shotgun. Had to do it all again. Its handy-ish for trying different tactics.

*The knife btw, best weapon ever.

You havent met the machette.

Meet Machete

machete.jpg

You havent met the machette.

Takes too long to swing. When the bad guys are squirming on the ground, I must admit, that animation is cool :p

• Advertisement

Oh wait sorry.

I ment the Katana

Oh wait sorry.

I ment the Katana

I think so. Does that lop off limbs and cut folk in half? Tis a'ight like. Tis no knife :p

Aye it does. Cleaves a mans head clean in two for an execution

Aye it does. Cleaves a mans head clean in two for an execution

I've thrown a few at bad guys alright, leaves quite a mark.

Its a pain in the hole aint it?

Yes lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm enjoying this on the Vita, very good indeed.
    Reminds of the fun had playing the original GTA on the PC all those years ago.
    How long is the game?
    I hope the butchery keeps on coming.
    Makes me want to dig out Manhunt and start it again.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this on the Vita, very good indeed.
    Reminds of the fun had playing the original GTA on the PC all those years ago.
    How long is the game?
    I hope the butchery keeps on coming.
    Makes me want to dig out Manhunt and start it again.

There's about 15 chapters or so. Plenty of murdering and bludgeoning to be done.

Oh my god chapter 9 is soooo hard!! :(

The soundtrack is so good it makes every fail worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

Very addictive game, love everything about it. The keep on coming back for more gameplay (Already got the trophy for dying a 1000 times), the trippy storyline and visual style, the soundtrack.

I'm day one for the sequel.

Advertisement