Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013 coverage - across the BBC!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Can't beat Glasto on the Beeb,

I'm looking forward to Chic at 11.05pm on BBC Four tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

That Prof. Green INXS thing was actually alright. In sharp contrast to the rest of his set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭mollser

Prof Green, seriously? All cover versions and very weak vocally, he's a chancer.

Enjoying enter shikari, probably the loudest band on the line up and not a tattoo to be seen, I like it!

Some of those flags in the crowd are a ridiculous size (at the Seasick Steve stage).

Great for finding your friends, but very inconsiderate to the people behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,747 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    Some of those flags in the crowd are a ridiculous size (at the Seasick Steve stage).

Great for finding your friends, but very inconsiderate to the people behind you.

The Beeb actually complained about the flags a few years ago as it was restricting the view for some of their cameras at the sound desk!

Personally, I have no problems with the giant Welsh flag in front of Dizzee Rascal!

• Advertisement

So, Prof Green sitting on the couch lets it 'slip' that Miles will be joining Arctic monkeys on stage.

Who? Must have heard that wrong I thought, who the fock is Miles?

So here I am watching miles kane on the red button, look him up and see he's a pal of Alex Turner. Ok, I like the cut off him, but the crowd clearly don't know anything by him.

So he'll get to play on main stage later on with the monkeys.

How much do these fellas pay bbc for this kind of promotion?

dizzie rascal can rock the place! Not my cup of tea but it's eelectric stuff!

mollser wrote: »
    So, Prof Green sitting on the couch lets it 'slip' that Miles will be joining Arctic monkeys on stage.

Who? Must have heard that wrong I thought, who the fock is Miles?

So here I am watching miles kane on the red button, look him up and see he's a pal of Alex Turner. Ok, I like the cut off him, but the crowd clearly don't know anything by him.

So he'll get to play on main stage later on with the monkeys.

How much do these fellas pay bbc for this kind of promotion?

dizzie rascal can rock the place! Not my cup of tea but it's eelectric stuff!

To be fair, Alex Turner and Miles Kane are/were in the same band

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Shadow_Puppets

Serious question...is Rolf Harris playing this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

To be fair, Alex Turner and Miles Kane are/were in the same band

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Shadow_Puppets

That was one my favourite albums ever . They should combine together more often .

Serious question...is Rolf Harris playing this year?

http://www.rolfharris.com/events
    Sorry, there are no forthcoming events.

:(

• Advertisement

When I went to Glastonbury in 2000, an absolutely huge crowd turned out to see him tie kangaroos down. Will be the first time in about 20 years that he hasn't made it.

When I went to Glastonbury in 2000, an absolutely huge crowd turned out to see him tie kangaroos down. Will be the first time in about 20 years that he hasn't made it.

Even more than went to see Jack L? :D

I hope Rolf is innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

The Vaccines sounding really good, can't wait to see them in Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Arctic Monkeys just starting now for anyone interested.

Nile and Chic on BBC4 shortly...rumours circulating all day that Daft Punk will join him to perform 'Get Lucky'.

Or at a push, Linda Martin!

I found a stage listing for the weekend

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

Unreal amount of acts playing over the weekend - you would go mad trying to get around and see all your favourites.

Nile Rodgers is pure class.

The BBC documentary about him, 'Hitmaker' is a must watch

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Banner12

Is the BBC sound very fuzzy or have my ears packed in ? Regardless I'm stuck to the couch for the w/end. Frightened Rabbit very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Bloody hell the Artic monkeys are gooooodddddd.

Think Arctic monkey's are putting on a good stint great songs, something just lacks with them tho. Almost bland on stage or something?
    But I think it's a terrific set they're doing, delighted to see them really rocking the place

Edit **** that they're awesome band delighted for them!

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the Rolling Stones tomorrow, whatever BBC manage to show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Monkeys must have spent a fortune on image consultants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

mollser wrote: »
    Think Arctic monkey's are putting on a good stint great songs, something just lacks with them tho. Almost bland on stage or something?
    But I think it's a terrific set they're doing, delighted to see them really rocking the place

Edit **** that they're awesome band delighted for them!

I agree...
    I think its always hard for a 'independant' band to play the Pyramid stage, I like the some old some new set, its not a best off .
    I think it will send them back to their tents happy.
    Leave them with a more subtle but a longer lasting buzz than some big name pop-rock best of.
    Putting the alternative back in Glastonbury..

"For all those fellas out there who were just too cool to wave their arms for Pretty Visitors chorus....this ones for your girlfriend
    I Bet That You Look Good On The Dance Floor..."
    nearly spewed my tea...one of the best song intros ive ever heard...
    things are hotting up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Alex Turner has changed big time ,Seems a lot more confident on the stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

"Pipe down pipe down!" :D

Portishead - Glory box . Still a dark moody epic song.

Who was that band, the Horrors?!!

lol. What a fcuking amalgamation of 80s post punk bands verging on goth rock. I dunno how they get away with it but if that's what they feel...

I'm with them. and that Nile Rodgers is he on some sort of Egyptian / Illuminati trip, what a big girls house. Wrote his share of disco classics best suited to women; the guy needs to fcuk off but no, people will roll out the red carpet for him whilst Linda Martin covers his daft punk song :p shìt acts; for the most part roll on the stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Arctic Monkeys were brilliant, loved that version of Mardy Bum. I can't wait to see them at Electric Picnic.

Also Seasick Steve was brilliant, himself and John Paul Jones from Led Zep sounded fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Hi there was a guy singing live with a piano player (Rich) on the bbc around 1015 tonight?anyone got his name?

• Advertisement

I think the fact that an arctic monkeys fan had a massive Pedobear banner says a lot

and it was that big, i couldn't see the stage for the bear. What's up with that

Advertisement