Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013 coverage - across the BBC!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Tssk wrote: »
    Hi there was a guy singing live with a piano player (Rich) on the bbc around 1015 tonight?anyone got his name?

John Newman

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tssk wrote: »
    Hi there was a guy singing live with a piano player (Rich) on the bbc around 1015 tonight?anyone got his name?

It might have been John Newman, maybe?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/28/john-newmans-bbc-glastonbury-performance-divides-opinion-on-twitter-3861510/?ITO=news-sitemap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

also seasick steve's new guitar was interesting, but that's about it for me. wtf are the "arctic monkeys" supposed to be about btw, total bollix n I've suffered em twice in the same headline slot now. It's actually boring their studio 'dynamism' doesn't translate to the live setting, quelle surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

I thought Arctic Monkeys really nailed it last night. The set had a good blend of their material and they really played like a great rock band. I thought Turner's 'band leader' character was pretty decent and he'd good crowd interaction. Good opening headliner.

It was good to see John-Paul Jones with Seasick Steve even though I'm not a big fan of the latter.

Is a coup for seasick Steve but what does JPJ get out of it? Not particularly musically engaging.. maybe it just pays well, and some adulation as he looks content enough to not have to do much

Looking forward to the headline slot tonight. Fcuking stones, they don't come no bigger nor older

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is a coup for seasick Steve but what does JPJ get out of it? Not particularly musically engaging.. maybe it just pays well, and some adulation as he looks content enough to not have to do much

Or, shock horror, he just enjoys it? They play together often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Watching it on BBC iplayer as they show the full sets with no inane "presenter" crap, Portishead, Django Django and Dinosaur Jr where all fantastic last night, Tom Tom Club were pretty funk to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Just watching the AM on Youtube now. Cool lads, not into the new look though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Can anyone tell me what channel and time the Rolling Stones will be on? Can't find it anywhere online or in the TV listings.

Pretty sure they said half 10 on BBC2 as they went off air..

They also said live for an hour. Pretty sure they show the full gigs on the red button or sometimes on BBC4. Don't have access to either the mo. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Does anybody know what the first song Portishead did last night was,I had never heard them before and I thought it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Pretty sure they said half 10 on BBC2 as they went off air..

They also said live for an hour. Pretty sure they show the full gigs on the red button or sometimes on BBC4. Don't have access to either the mo. :(
    the Stones are only allowing them to show an hour of the show, similar to Neil Young a couple of years ago only allowed 5 songs to be broadcast because he believed in the live event retaining it's mystery whereas the Stones are releasing a DVD this year and full coverage of one of their gigs would impact on sales

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭mosstin

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the first song Portishead did last night was,I had never heard them before and I thought it was brilliant.

That was 'Silence'. First track on Third.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,747 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Good stuff from Two Door Cinema Club at the moment on BBC Three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Example is a really poor singer

The Strypes played a good set - lead singer taking fashion tips from Bobby Gillespie!

Dotsey wrote: »
    the Stones are only allowing them to show an hour of the show, similar to Neil Young a couple of years ago only allowed 5 songs to be broadcast because he believed in the live event retaining it's mystery whereas the Stones are releasing a DVD this year and full coverage of one of their gigs would impact on sales

One of the Great bands but stuff like this really pisses me off.. Mick might be an old sod but he's still as money hungry as ever.

Trying to make up for his tiny todger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭mosstin

Primal Scream Version 2013 - wrong in every possible way.

Here we go! :D

The real rock stars are here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Still sound great - class band. But wow they lookin old in HD!! :-)

120 years old and still better than anything else around at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This is pretty woeful.

Hell yeah!

Stick to Marilyn Manson and Example lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Public Enemy on BBC4 :)

Taxi for Mr. Gillespie :pac:

Fight The Power!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I think the fact that an arctic monkeys fan had a massive Pedobear banner says a lot

Really? What does it say?

• Advertisement

Only Bobby Gillespie can get away with a suit like that; wouldn't you boys concur!

didn't catch much, saw some savages, stones and Rodriguez n that's about it. Better caliber of stuff than last night, which is typical I guess

Advertisement