Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013 coverage - across the BBC!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Crowd singing get lucky back at Nile Rodgers was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,747 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Public Image Limited performing 'Rise' - epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Lads, Mumford and Sons don't deserve an hour and a half coverage when most of the songs sound the same.

Rolling Stones only got an hour and are a legendary band. Anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

That's the stones choice not bbc

Carroller wrote: »
    That's the stones choice not bbc

Ah, I see. Commercial decision?

Still I stand by the Mumford and Sons point. Heard the same tune over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Still I stand by the Mumford and Sons point. Heard the same tune over and over.

Should have turned it off so. Or watched one of the other stages online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

They only allowed an hour to be shown iv heard a few reasons two being they only want to perform for the paying fans not people sitting at home and they have a live DVD coming out and a full set on bbc could affect sales!

Bbc 1 showing the first song of their set from last night, he looks bollo*ed half way through it and the sound is terrible IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Sounds like the stone roses' stance and it reeks. a band who once pulled out of the same headline slot entirely, is glasto you're supposed to leave such stances at home along with the soap and just entertain people

caught like 5min of the congos earlier, or should i say the mongos and I wouldn't admit to having seen much else. You have to be there, really but it just so exhausting gettin around that site - am still traumatised by the mud bath of 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Lads, Mumford and Sons don't deserve an hour and a half coverage when most of the songs sound the same.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed Mumford and Sons performance. At least they genuinely cared and put in immense effort. I'm also fed up of the argument "Oh their songs sound the same". It's unfortunate that you don't seem to like them but a lot of people do. Respect to Ted Dwayne for performing with such gusto a few short weeks after surgery to remove a clot from his brain.

Mumford and Sons were rousing, but personal preference got in the way and I turned on the football.

Th XX's set appeared very slick as well, very moody and minimal but it's not about the decor is it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds as warm-up act for Mumford and Sons? Anyone else think that's ****ing disgusting?

Whats also disgusting is I had no idea they were on :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Bobby Gillespie's performance was awful, pink suit or no pink suit

It's unfortunate that you don't seem to like them but a lot of people do.

Such is music.
    Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Should have turned it off so. Or watched one of the other stages online.

The Iplayer isn't available in this country, would be nice to have that feature alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Such is music.

The Iplayer isn't available in this country, would be nice to have that feature alright.

Takes 3 minutes to get it using free DSN's and is well worth it, the live streams covered the whole performances from everyone with no cutaways to idiotic DJ talk.

Heres the BBC archive of almost every performance at 2013 Glasto apart from the very low on the bill ones they didn't cover, got to love the Beeb I counted over 100 full performances, amazing. Just select a band and click it to play, most are around one hour plus long, bliss:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9/performances/lg49mb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

How did the Cavan lads - The Strypes - go down. Can only get Blue Collar Jane on the repeat videos but that looked a good crowd they played to.

Masala wrote: »
    How did the Cavan lads - The Strypes - go down. Can only get Blue Collar Jane on the repeat videos but that looked a good crowd they played to.

Not a fan so didn't watch it but there whole performance is on there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9/acts/ar9nc8#p01c37lp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Masala wrote: »

I was in the tent (which was full), caught the last 20 minutes or so of their set. They were very well received. The guy who introduces the bands on the stage they were playing was raving about them after they finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Just wondering can anyone answer me this.

Was watching Glastonbury on BBC and in particular Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and the song 'Jubilee Street'. Just before the song started all the photographers were moved from the front of the stage. Nick waved goodbye to them and waved them off! Does he always do this or is there any reason why this happened?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9/acts/ar6wrz#p01c4cqx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

Takes 3 minutes to get it using free DSN's and is well worth it, the live streams covered the whole performances from everyone with no cutaways to idiotic DJ talk.

can you share how to do this? I have been trying to get this working all day today to watch the highlights - but i can't seem to crack.

all advice would be much appreciated.

derv wrote: »
    can you share how to do this? I have been trying to get this working all day today to watch the highlights - but i can't seem to crack.

all advice would be much appreciated.

Just access Unotelly site easy instructions a 5 year old could follow on how to use their dns

• Registered Users Posts: 72,747 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Highlights show tonight on BBC2 11.05pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I suspect he had a spat with them. He seems to get off on picking scraps with his audience or anyone else without shouting distance. Hes got a choice turn of phrase once he gets going as well.
    Big Vern wrote: »

Was watching Glastonbury on BBC and in particular Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and the song 'Jubilee Street'. Just before the song started all the photographers were moved from the front of the stage. Nick waved goodbye to them and waved them off! Does he always do this or is there any reason why this happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the coverage was shoite this year , so boring and i watch every single year (cept last year of course)

i also thought they could have got a better headliner than mumford and sons

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Big Vern wrote: »

Fairly standard fare at regular concerts so I'd say it's similar at festivals. Photographers usually get the first 3 songs and are then moved on. Some contributing factors are artist wishes due to looking worse as show goes on or wanting to go down to the fans on the barrier. Easier for security to manage the crowd as well without them there.

Advertisement