Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

appealing a warning

Options
  • 27-06-2013 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

I received a card for this post in relation to back seat modding.
    In my defence the thread had seen an onslaught of reregs all of which were swiftly dealt with and posts removed. It appeared the poster in question was at least the fourth incarnation on that particular thread in so many hours, targeting my posts specifically and I had avoided responding to them directly up until that point.

In response to my warning I reported the poster as a suspected rereg and they have since been banned. (by a different mod)
    While I wasn't intentionally backseat modding I would have felt a warning on thread would have been enough. I have raised the issue with the mod in question and had to ask where I could contest it and they offered me a dud link, I asked again for a direct link but have yet to receive a response. (I googled drf and found this place)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

EDIT: Never mind.
    I see you have already contacted the mod in question.

From checking into this, following our brief chat yesterday, please remember that this is only a yellow card. It is just a warning. In isolation it means very little more than a reminder to avoid back seat modding. The validity of your claim does not particularly matter, as you seem to be aware. Now fair enough, you were not intentionally back seat modding. I accept that. However, as stated, a yellow card in isolation is just a warning. Similar to an on-thread warning. It seems to me to be a reasonable response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

An infraction is an offense held against a posters character, they are on record and can be held against them in future decision making, (regardless of why they were given) I don't believe this is a fair given the circumstances of the card, as I said I wasn't aware I was breaking rules or acting with an intent to provoke. An on thread warning would have been sufficient.
    (I believe the moderator acted without knowlege that there was an ongoing rereg problem in the thread..edit: or in thinking, was only too aware.)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hi Pharmaton,

I believe in this case the moderator was reasonable in his handling of this. While I understand you might be unhappy, in future, if you're concerned about a re-reg please report it to the moderators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

will do thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement