Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec intermittent fault

Options
  • 27-06-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi, I am getting Door entry fault Zone 2 every couple of weeks.I had doubled up the wire on the door entry contact from the sensor to the control panel in case there was dodgy connnection on the original pair. There is only one door entry contact on this Zone and I have it currently shorted out at the door contact side . There are about 20 sensors on this zone - currently a mixture of about half Inertia with contact and other half contact only. I know from forums that if a contact fails at around the correct resistance can show up as an entry zone rather than contact. Any ideas or just chance changing each one every so often and hopefully I will get there. What is throwing me it is always door contact entry fault and I would imagine if resistance was changing sometimes it might fail as a contact only. I have also removed EOL resistor and when each checked the resistance always returned back to very low level.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

20 Sensors on the one zone is too much to start with.
    Any of those devices could be faulty & shows a contact entry fault.
    Take a look over here for the only way to really test for faulty devices. You will need the use of a multi meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

ryange wrote: »
    Hi, I am getting Door entry fault Zone 2 every couple of weeks.I had doubled up the wire on the door entry contact from the sensor to the control panel in case there was dodgy connnection on the original pair. There is only one door entry contact on this Zone and I have it currently shorted out at the door contact side . There are about 20 sensors on this zone - currently a mixture of about half Inertia with contact and other half contact only. I know from forums that if a contact fails at around the correct resistance can show up as an entry zone rather than contact. Any ideas or just chance changing each one every so often and hopefully I will get there. What is throwing me it is always door contact entry fault and I would imagine if resistance was changing sometimes it might fail as a contact only. I have also removed EOL resistor and when each checked the resistance always returned back to very low level.

20 sensors on a zone is too much. The Astec system uses two wired. I would consider breaking up this zone by utilizing the cabling going to the sensors to do this.

Advertisement