Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband

Options
  • 27-06-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Has anyone else found that the wifi strength of the new sky broadband service is far below expectation? If so, how have you responded? I have spoken with their cust services a lot, their techies and they have sent out a replacement hub - all to no avail. I have no beef with the attempts they have made to address, but can only conclude their router / hub is rubbish. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

How many newtorks is in range on your laptop? If a lot, use Inssider to check which channel they are use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RobinM72

domeld wrote: »
    How many newtorks is in range on your laptop? If a lot, use Inssider to check which channel they are use.

At the suggestion of sky I tried channels 12 - 9 - 6 - 3 and auto. No matter what, I still end up with 2 UPC and an Eircom signal from neighbours stronger than mine. I went out today and bought a power line wifi extender - at least I get a signal upstairs now...

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Check how many network is in range using inssider.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Are the Sky connection details such as username and password available.
    Could you try using your own wifi modem/router and see if the signal is stronger.

Advertisement