Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 or 4s

• 27-06-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Hoping for some feedback here.
    I am starting work with an organisation in a little over a week's time. I am using an iphone 5 as my personal phone but want another phone for use where i'll be working as i'll be doing training and follow up support so don't want anyone having personal number.
    My question is, should i get an iphone 4 or 4s? I have a 64 gb iphone 5, and my usage of this second phone would only be for work, so calls, texts, emails, and actually maybe a bit of internet.
    Would the iphone 4 be really slow now for this type of stuff? would i be better off with a 4s?
    Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

What's the price difference between the 4 and 4S?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Passenger wrote: »
    What's the price difference between the 4 and 4S?

Hi
    I would be buying on o2.
    The 4 is 379 and the 4s 549.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I would go for the iPhone 4 if that's the price difference, and all you are doing is calls, texts and emails. You'd only need the 4S for IMO for a faster, more responsive, multitasking, gaming, intensive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Dman001 wrote: »
    I would go for the iPhone 4 if that's the price difference, and all you are doing is calls, texts and emails. You'd only need the 4S for IMO for a faster, more responsive, multitasking, gaming, intensive stuff.

Thanks for the reply dman

You have confirmed pretty much what I was thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yep, given your requirements I'd go with the 4 as well tbh. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Here's a nice comparison:
    http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/the-difference-between-the-iphone-4-and-iphone-4s/
    Basically you'll "miss" Siri and it will be a bit slower. Normally I'd say go for the 4, but since you already have a 5 you might get annoyed with the speed (or lack of) of the 4. I know I found it quite a diffrence between 4&5 (not so much between 4s&5)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I'd go with something cheaper again.. if you only need it for a mainly texts and calls and a tiny bit of data why splash out.. ( unless your job is paying for it ;) ) try a normal smartphone as opposed to apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

If it's just calls, texts and emails, I would say any smartphone would do. But if you plan on using the iPhone a lot like browsing websites and gaming, I would pick the 4S since the 4 is starting to show its age now. If speed is not a concern, then go ahead with 4.

Advertisement