Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from City centre to Maynooth after night club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,905 ✭✭✭✭L1011

EyeSight wrote: »

My advice was to ring ahead an book a taxi while enquiring about the expected price, or maybe look in to booking a hostel in the city if the price was about the same. Which of those were extremely poor?

You never mentioned phoning to check a price.

You told them to book a taxi, which is entirely un-needed, creates huge inflexibility and indeed would introduce a risk that they'd be left stranded waiting for a booked taxi which never arrives; and suggested a hostel when its clear they were asking how to get to Maynooth that night, not at another time.

Neither of those was good advice, and your basis for giving it was extremely unsound and entirely unrelated at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

MYOB wrote: »
    You never mentioned phoning to check a price.

You told them to book a taxi, which is entirely un-needed, creates huge inflexibility and indeed would introduce a risk that they'd be left stranded waiting for a booked taxi which never arrives; and suggested a hostel when its clear they were asking how to get to Maynooth that night, not at another time.

Neither of those was good advice, and your basis for giving it was extremely unsound and entirely unrelated at that.

I guess we will have to disagree here. That's what i would do and have done and it was no hassle. If you have any common sense when booking a taxi that leaves the county you should ask for a price estimate. You don't even need to book one, just ask if they normally take those fares and if so, look out for their companies logo. I also have known people who have gotten a price(not to Maynooth but a good distance away) and decided to get a hostel instead as it was cheaper and they preferred it.

I could argue with you all day but i am not going to. There's never a "one solution fits all". Much better than the non-advice you gave anyway ;) FYI on a friday night in Dublin city center, drivers will rarely be waiting around for 30 minutes with no customers

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

A little off topic but much do local taxi/hackneys charge in maynooth? For local run say from main street to carton house. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

badker wrote: »
    A little off topic but much do local taxi/hackneys charge in maynooth? For local run say from main street to carton house. Thanks

Start a thread in the Kildare forum please

Advertisement