Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentistry Points 2013

• 27-06-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey .... just wondering what the predictions are for TCD Dentistry this year??

Any Ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

590!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

TCD might go up to 595.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Why are the points so high? :confused: .. Is dentistry really hard or is there huge demand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Why are the points so high? :confused: .. Is dentistry really hard or is there huge demand?

Points for all courses are based purely on demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Any predictions at this stage are completely baseless and pointless. They're more guesses than predictions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

There is no jobs in it anymore. Dentist can barely make a living in Ireland doing it at the moment. Have any of you considered going to study in places like Hungary? Alot of the German speakers go to medical school and dental school in Hungary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

My friend is a dentist and after doing the course you can straight away go into practice. You can be private or public and it's an international degree too so I think because it's such a flexible degree it's high demanded,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

hfallada wrote: »
    There is no jobs in it anymore. Dentist can barely make a living in Ireland doing it at the moment. Have any of you considered going to study in places like Hungary? Alot of the German speakers go to medical school and dental school in Hungary.

Not too many unemployed Dentists around I'd imagine ;)

The points are so high because it's popular.
    It's popular because it's perceived to be a very well paid job.
    This would be my perception also

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The location in Dublin adds another dose of points to almost courses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

spurious wrote: »
    The location in Dublin adds another dose of points to almost courses.

The points for Dentistry in UCC are very high also. 575* I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

"Prestige" profession with the potential for high earnings leads to high demand, matched against relatively small number of available places, leads to high points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lcer212

Hey .... just wondering what the predictions are for TCD Dentistry this year??

Any Ideas??

595 random selection:P

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭football girl

Anybody heading to Trinity? I can't believe there are only 32 or something in a class!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

I'm planning to go Trinity next year hopefully, it will be my first choice anyway. I'm shocked the points actually dropped this year!

Yeah class size is pretty small, that would suggest including Cork 60-70 graduates a year?

Advertisement