Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I had a cz 22lr rifle before

Options
  • 27-06-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I hade a cz 22lr rifle before and it was very unacurate I vas shooting federal rounds through it. One day you could set it spot on and then an other day you could go for a shot and or could be maby a foot or 2 off and it's not the scope because I have the scope on my 17 hmr an I can always hit a 1 euro coin so what was it. Was it the rifle or are all 22lr like that :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Could of been the rifle was the crown damaged.

We're the mounts ok holding on the scope quit possibly they were loose or the scope was moving in them.

It would be strange for a cz to be out that much with any ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Beretta boy

Could of been the rifle was the crown damaged.

We're the mounts ok holding on the scope quit possibly they were loose or the scope was moving in them.

It would be strange for a cz to be out that much with any ammo.

Ye the mounts and the crown were all good same with the scope. But u can't beat the 17 hmr really accurate and hit with a flat phunce on a rabbit or fox at 200 yards

I've never fired one to be honest. There are suppose to be good alright.

How old was the 22.

I've never fired one to be honest. There are suppose to be good alright.

How old was the 22.

Baught it brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 30 philbk

If it is new did you thoroughly degrease the barrel before you used it? New rifles are usually shipped with a coating of heavy oil in the barrel to prevent rust. If you have had it a while have you used a lead solvent to remove fouling of the rifling which a general clean would not remove? Do you have a mod fitted? could it be off centre? CZ rifles may be cheap and cheerful but they are usually deadly accurate! Otherwise if you are absolutely confident the scope is fine I would suspect a problem with the mounts.

• Advertisement

philbk wrote: »
    If it is new did you thoroughly degrease the barrel before you used it? New rifles are usually shipped with a coating of heavy oil in the barrel to prevent rust. If you have had it a while have you used a lead solvent to remove fouling of the rifling which a general clean would not remove? Do you have a mod fitted? could it be off centre? CZ rifles may be cheap and cheerful but they are usually deadly accurate! Otherwise if you are absolutely confident the scope is fine I would suspect a problem with the mounts.

Yes I did clean it when I got it and no it was not the mounts because I probably baught like 4 pairs because I taught that as well but no none of them were the problem

Did it ever group well.

Was it off in elevation or windage.

Did it ever group well.

No it never grouped well that is why I moved to the 17 hmr and the 223

Was it off in elevation or windage.

Both

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

If the muzzle crown , scope, scope mount are all in good condition and it wont group well with any brand of ammunition, chances are its the shooter thats to blame.

If the muzzle crown , scope, scope mount are all in good condition and it wont group well with any brand of ammunition, chances are its the shooter thats to blame.

I haha no I had it in a vice to set it and still could not get good groups would it be the rifleing inside the barrel :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Only two options left.

Barrel touching the stock or piss poor ammo. Bad batch, etc.

If you think these are fine then i'm at a loss. No rifle i have ever owned has shot well one day then not the other for no reason. There is always a reason. Whether it is rifle, scope, rings, crown, ammo, or the shooter. There is always a reason.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Did u just use federal ammo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

hi, a mate of mine had a cz 22 a few years ago with a simular problem,turned out to be a warped barrel,but it would not group any day no matter what he done,he traded in for a krico,its a tack driver,he still has it.

Advertisement