Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ps3 problems

• 28-06-2013 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭

ok guys i hope it is ok to post this here and if not please move to appropriate area mods

I have 2 busted ps3 with 2 different problems

1. 250gb slim system is starting up log into psn but when a disk is inserted(game or movie) it does not show on xmb also netflix ps store/home when clicked goes to black screen. any ideas? i think its the bluray drive, have tried new lens no success.

2. 360gb slim. on startup switches on power button goes green normally 1 second then shuts down(sometimes might run a few mins). i have tried a working psu but no joy, is it a bad chip connection?

I have had these systems with 4 different ps3 repair guys to no avail any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

1 - Sounds like a disc drive issue, either lens or logic board, more likely the lens though. I'd say the Netflix & Ps Store issues are unrelated, maybe delete nextflix & reinstall? I know you said you tried a new lens, but new lens from my experience can be DOA as a lot of them are cheap Hong Kong rubbish. Buy from a reputable seller & then you can eliminate it.

2 - I had the exact same issue there a few months back, bought a brand new psu from MS & it fixed the problem. Not saying yours is the same issue, but try at least one more psu before ruling it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Guys
    an update on the above
    the second ps3 i have gotten rid of but still have the first. lens has been changed again and a new bluray drive tried also to no avail believe it is definately a logic to motherboard marry problem. does any1 know where i can get this sorted ie flashed or whatever

Advertisement