Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 18), June 28-29, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Looking forward to getting back to live footie at the Brandywell, and looking forward to another 3pts!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah can't see much for Bray today really, although stranger things have happened!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Comfortable win for Derry

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

UCD will get result against us. Sligo next week will be no fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We will beat UCD tonight 0-2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I fear for Bohs in Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'm hoping for a draw for Drogs but not exactly confident with the various suspensions and injuries. Good chunk of those you'd expect tto start are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Looking forward to Tolka tonight, hopefully we'll have a decent crowd. A draw should be a realistic option, imo :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

markc1184 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a draw for Drogs but not exactly confident with the various suspensions and injuries. Good chunk of those you'd expect tto start are out.

What has happened to Drogheda this season.
    I know they really over achieved last year but they have gone back even further this year. I thought they'd be at the top of the also rans not two far behind the chasing pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

doncarlos wrote: »
    What has happened to Drogheda this season.
    I know they really over achieved last year but they have gone back even further this year. I thought they'd be at the top of the also rans not two far behind the chasing pack.

Its hard to put a finger on it. Players that were let go weren't replaced properly IMO. Crowley for example could always be relied on to put the foot in and break up play, were as the midfielders now are all to similar and are happier further up the field. Last year the bounce of the ball was going Drogheda's way and this year its not, close games were going Drogs way last season.

On their day, which has been few and far between this season, they have shown they can play ball and step up but its just not happening often enough. Far too many silly defensive mmistskes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't see Bohs getting anything from tonight unfortunately. We're better on the road but we're missing vital players. Could be a messy scoreline.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Drogheda will be gunning for Rovers tonight after the Setanta Cup final I'd guess.

Fran Gavin had some statistics to hand in an article a couple of weeks ago..more away wins than home wins so far. Every away side has a chance..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Only 15 players warming up for Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Full time scores for tonight.

Derry City 2 - 1 Bohemians
    Drogheda 0 - 3 Shamrock Rovers
    St. Patricks 2 - 0 Bray Wanderers
    UCD 3 - 0 Cork City
    Shelbourne 0 - 2 Sligo Rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We finished the gam after 30 minutes, then it was brutal to watch.

Quigley made some good saves from some poor finishing.

Sligo will be great Craic next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Sligo will be great Craic next week.

Limerick will be some craic tomorrow :D

We are taken a good crowd with us, 4 buses and more staying over aswell

The first half was okay-ish, but after Sligo scored the first goal, the match was over, I guess :confused:

But on the positive side...fair play to BD, amazing displays :cool:

Limerick will be some craic tomorrow :D

We are taken a good crowd with us, 4 buses and more staying over aswell

awwww man you have to get a private train sorted.

limerick easily the best away trip in the league.

Looking forward to #saintsontamuther****ingtrain part 2.

Rovers putting a decent run together, think them and Dundalk could catch everyone thats in Europe if they playing as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

dreamers75 wrote: »
    awwww man you have to get a private train sorted.

Fans would've been waiting in Dublin for near 1 and a half hours for the Dublin - Limerick connection ! It was looked into and was an non-runner from the start. :mad:

• Advertisement

Fans would've been waiting in Dublin for near 1 and a half hours for the Dublin - Limerick connection ! It was looked into and was an non-runner from the start. :mad:

train lads called Pats and offered us a train and bus to stadium, it was ****ing awesome.

€20 and we got 3 carriages down and a private run back, my mate was the train driver coming back his 1st run which made it awesome x100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry Bohs a whole lot closer than many of you thought it would be.

I thought it might be easier myself, but Bohs played better than their league position suggests. Their No10 looks a decent talent, plenty of skill.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Derry Bohs a whole lot closer than many of you thought it would be.

I thought it might be easier myself, but Bohs played better than their league position suggests. Their No10 looks a decent talent, plenty of skill.

All about keeping league form up whilst you play 6 Euro games......oh wait....your all **** in Europe....well thats us ****ed in the league so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Jaysus, that's a bad defeat for Cork..

Drogs should have beaten us 2 weeks ago. The Shamrock Rovers game was brutal performance.

Sligo will take us easy next week in that.

The Score was little surprising but getting beat was not.

Will that be it for Dunne?

CSF wrote: »
    Will that be it for Dunne?

The problem is we can't afford to get anyone else. Or so I have been told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I know we lost but I can take a lot of positives from that result against Derry. Strangely enough, we're a much better outfit when we graft and battle. I was expecting an absolute thumping but the lads defended very well for large parts of the game and we were all over Derry for a good chunk of the second half.

We're missing key players too so credit to the lads who were called upon to fill in.

I say this after every good performance Bohs have but HOPEFULLY we can slowly turn our home form around against Limerick next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Good three points last night considering the number of players missing. 80 minutes for Danny North and a good assist too. Lynch and Mcmillan back from injury will be a huge boost. Kieran Djiali finally showing his ability too. Greene, Elding and Raf also to come back in and a few new signings should be made.

Shels are looking to play a little bit of football now but that group of players just isn't good enough. I'd be surprised if they don't go down.

Fair play to Shels' Briogaid Dearg. Thought they were brilliant last night.

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Good three points last night considering the number of players missing. 80 minutes for Danny North and a good assist too. Lynch and Mcmillan back from injury will be a huge boost. Kieran Djiali finally showing his ability too. Greene, Elding and Raf also to come back in and a few new signings should be made.

Shels are looking to play a little bit of football now but that group of players just isn't good enough. I'd be surprised if they don't go down.

To be fair, I don't think our fate will be decided on our games against Sligo and the likes. We have a 6 game spell coming up now from which we need to take 10 points at least. Not impossible.

If Shels go down, the damage was done in the first half of the season, a lack of discipline, stupid red cards, stupid starting XIs, stupid substitutions...stupid I don't know whats...but the spirit is back, the players show more compassion and the will to stay up, maybe it can be done, but it will be hard :(

To be fair, I don't think our fate will be decided on our games against Sligo and the likes. We have a 6 game spell coming up now from which we need to take 10 points at least. Not impossible.
    Not impossible at all. I just think the other teams around the bottom have more about them.

Theres a gap starting to open at the bottom and ye need to close it fast to have any hope.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    If Shels go down, the damage was done in the first half of the season, a lack of discipline, stupid red cards, stupid starting XIs, stupid substitutions...stupid I don't know whats...but the spirit is back, the players show more compassion and the will to stay up, maybe it can be done, but it will be hard :(
    I totally agree. I've never had any time for Matthews. But I don't think the group of players he assembled look good enough to do it. I'm happy to be proven wrong on this one.

Not impossible at all. I just think the other teams around the bottom have more about them.

Theres a gap starting to open at the bottom and ye need to close it fast to have any hope.
    5 points from Bohs is about close as we have been. These next 6 fixtures are the ones to save our season. We don't have enough about us to be beating the Sligo and Pats of the world but the team since McDonnell came in look like we have the ability to beat the teams around us, as illustrated by the destruction of Bohs at Dalymount. If you'd asked me 3 weeks ago if we had a hope I'd have agreed with you but we're bringing in a few players over the next week aswell (Jordan Keegan, Conor Murphy, Brian Gartland, Derek Doyle) who will improve our depth and in some cases improve the first 11. We are favourites for bottom of course but I think we have a shout, but it will depend on the next 6 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sligo didn't look like a title challenging side in the first half imo, moved things along in the 2nd half. Drogs on Sunday is huge for us, need to fully take advantage of their fixture congestion/Europe!

945664_10151744364871411_396408392_n.jpg

1013441_10151745701791411_274531084_n.jpg

BDX!

• Advertisement

Even more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gav, that black flag in the foreground of your second pic.... Are you like, dead??:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Limerick score 3 goals in 26 minutes to take the lead vs Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Sligo didn't look like a title challenging side in the first half imo, moved things along in the 2nd half. Drogs on Sunday is huge for us, need to fully take advantage of their fixture congestion/Europe!

945664_10151744364871411_396408392_n.jpg

1013441_10151745701791411_274531084_n.jpg

BDX!

That is serious stuff.
    I can see Shels getting into serious trouble over that. Gardaí could close that stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Congrats on the 10 years..

It was nice to score just as the flares were going off. I love when my team scores just as the opposition fans are get going :D

• Advertisement

That is serious stuff.
    I can see Shels getting into serious trouble over that. Gardaí could close that stand.

Even if this ends up in some kind of neverending story...but:

What do you want? A zombie like crowd, that maybe stands up and claps hands for a certain time, if the own team scores a goal?

Football needs emotions and passion, and as long as nobody gets hurt in any way, there's nothing wrong with pyros.

Getting me popcorn now...

That is serious stuff.

Haha would you gway out of that. How would closing a stand change anything??

Oat23 wrote: »
    Congrats on the 10 years..

It was nice to score just as the flares were going off. I love when my team scores just as the opposition fans are get going :D

Were you in Tolka last night? Maybe we met ;)

Haha would you gway out of that. How would closing a stand change anything??

Glasgow City Council threatened to reduce the capacity of Celtic Park if certain measures weren't taken against the GB.
    "How would closing a stand change anything??" Very easy. If that type of smoke continued in the Main Stand then they would close that one next. If you think the Gardaí and Dublin City Council are going to put up with that, I think you are mistaken. They're not going to wait until someone with respiratory problems croaks before they take action.

Glasgow City Council threatened to reduce the capacity of Celtic Park if certain measures weren't taken against the GB.
    "How would closing a stand change anything??" Very easy. If that type of smoke continued in the Main Stand then they would close that one next. If you think the Gardaí and Dublin City Council are going to put up with that, I think you are mistaken. They're not going to wait until someone with respiratory problems croaks before they take action.

Ok you've provided one example of a club where this has happened. I could list for days the amount of clubs where there have been flare displays and no stands have been closed down or threatened to be. Jog on.

Ok you've provided one example of a club where this has happened. I could list for days the amount of clubs where there have been flare displays and no stands have been closed down or threatened to be. Jog on.

I better jog on so, now that you've told me off.

Do shels fans pay the fines themselves?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Do shels fans pay the fines themselves?

Yeah

I better jog on so, now that you've told me off.

You probably should.

Nothing wrong with flares once used responsibly. Personally think clubs should be allowed have 'dedicated pyrotechnicians'- for want of a less qualified term!

Basically only a few people are allowed use flares, these people are vetted and attend a safety course before being granted permission.

• Advertisement
Advertisement