Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 18), June 28-29, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with flares once used responsibly. Personally think clubs should be allowed have 'dedicated pyrotechnicians'- for want of a less qualified term!

Basically only a few people are allowed use flares, these people are vetted and attend a safety course before being granted permission.

That makes sense so no.

Afaik we have paid our own fines at times not all of them.

Think Rovers fans pay their own fines too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That makes sense so no.

Afaik we have paid our own fines at times not all of them.

Think Rovers fans pay their own fines too.
    I think the 'we pay our own fines' thing is a dangerous policy because you'll always get some scrotes who think flares are great craic who will have no intention of ever paying the money back. It is grand with the BD and whatever decent people there are at Pats, Rovers and whoever else, but I don't think it works as a carte blanche policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CSF wrote: »
    I think the 'we pay our own fines' thing is a dangerous policy because you'll always get some scrotes who think flares are great craic who will have no intention of ever paying the money back. It is grand with the BD and whatever decent people there are at Pats, Rovers and whoever else, but I don't think it works as a carte blanche policy.

Fairly sure the ones we didnt pay for were scrotes.

As i said on pats forum, if a flare costs €10 then add 50 for every one. So SEI are paying 60 for every flare.

Clubs shouldnt be paying fines on behalf of fans who clearly know flares are not allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Reading the match reports yesterday in the star and noticed the attendances at Friday nights games were appalling all round.

Shels Sligo 1214
    Pats bray 1094
    Derry bohs 1200
    Ucd cork 170
    Drogs sham n/a
    Athlone mervue 582
    Waterford harps 355
    Salthill Longford 100

I don't think I've ever seen it as bad, it really is crisis situation. Roughly 4000 attending 7 games in total? It's worse than the 80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

1249 was the attendance at the limerick game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

170 at ucd v cork is pitiful. Not having a go cork fans but surely there could be more than 100 living in Dublin? As for ucd.....well, it's an age old argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Rovers, Cork and Shams all away. Always going to be a bad weekend for attendances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Only disappointing one there is Derry v Bohs. The rest are to be expected. Even though on the surface they are top, Pats have generally a low (but regular) fan base in terms of numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

dfx- wrote: »
    Only disappointing one there is Derry v Bohs. The rest are to be expected. Even though on the surface they are top, Pats have generally a low (but regular) fan base in terms of numbers

Our attendances this year have been poor considering how well we are doing.

And they seem to be dropping. I'd say our avg is now around the 1500 mark, maybe used to be 2000-2500 going back a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Omackeral wrote: »
    Gav, that black flag in the foreground of your second pic.... Are you like, dead??:eek:

Shels fan who passed away a few years back iirc, not myself thankfully.

Glasgow City Council threatened to reduce the capacity of Celtic Park if certain measures weren't taken against the GB.
    "How would closing a stand change anything??" Very easy. If that type of smoke continued in the Main Stand then they would close that one next. If you think the Gardaí and Dublin City Council are going to put up with that, I think you are mistaken. They're not going to wait until someone with respiratory problems croaks before they take action.

Different is, in Scotland they introduced a legal document on football matches last year, hence how the GB were screwed over and ended up boycotting matches, etc...

http://fansagainstcriminalisation.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Shels fan who passed away a few years back iirc, not myself thankfully.

Different is, in Scotland they introduced a legal document on football matches last year, hence how the GB were screwed over and ended up boycotting matches, etc...

http://fansagainstcriminalisation.blogspot.ie/

That doesn't have anything to do with what I was referring to with regard to Glasgow City Council. It's a health and safety issue. I was just saying that GCC tried to impose a reduced crowd capacity on Celtic Park because they deemed some of the actions of the GB as a safety risk. Similarly, Dublin City Council could try to impose something similar at Tolka Park if they deemed some of the actions of BD as a safety issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That doesn't have anything to do with what I was referring to with regard to Glasgow City Council. It's a health and safety issue. I was just saying that GCC tried to impose a reduced crowd capacity on Celtic Park because they deemed some of the actions of the GB as a safety risk. Similarly, Dublin City Council could try to impose something similar at Tolka Park if they deemed some of the actions of BD as a safety issue.

I'd be surprised if Dublin City Council even know anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Laughable.

SDCC own Tallaght Stadium and don't even think about stuff like that with regard to their own property.

It's not Zyklon B that's been let off. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

3 ea sports cup ties tonight!

Bohs V Derry
    Drogheda V Cork
    Limerick V Sligo

I shall be reporting from Limerick!

• Advertisement

My first time in thomond. Is there a bar inside?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Yeh theres a bar underneath the stand.

Was there for 1st time on saturday, Excellent Stadium pity about the result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yeah, close to six quid a pint iirc. :eek:

Zebra3 wrote: »

At least it's a pint.

In some places when Rovers visited in 2006, it was €6 for a can of refreshing soft drink.

Or felt like it anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Our bad season continuing unabated. I think after our heavy defeat to Sligo on Friday could spell the end for Tommy Dunne. The payoff of which will cause of major trouble. Wouldn't surprise me if we are in the 1st division again in the next 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

i also heard the other night, Limerick FC dont make any money from the bar sales, all to Thomand Park itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hopefully Bohs can bring that sort of fight to Dalymount tonight. Always going to be tough against Derry who essentially own this cup. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

i also heard the other night, Limerick FC dont make any money from the bar sales, all to Thomand Park itself
    Probably one of the agreements put in place before Thomand allowed Limerick to play there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hopefully Bohs can bring that sort of fight to Dalymount tonight. Always going to be tough against Derry who essentially own this cup. :pac:

I'd take a thrashing tonight in exchange for a scrappy 1-0 win on Friday. 2 thrashings are probably more likely though :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Drogheda could easily beat us 3 or 4 nil tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Drogheda could easily beat us 3 or 4 nil tonight.

Oh god that might have been optimistic.

Oh dear. Not a full strength side out. But still 3 down by ht is a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Drogheda cruising in Hunky Dory's Park against Cork. 3-0 at half time. Highlights of the half included a cracking opening goal from Marks and Tommy Dunne screaming at Denis Behan "For fcuk sake Denis, do you think you might try and break into a fcuking run once this evening?"

Behan's glare back to Dunne was pretty entertaining as well.

Sligo up 2-0 @HT

Scorer of the first goal was booked after celebration. Looked like a nazi salute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sligo up 2-0 @HT

Scorer of the first goal was booked after celebration. Looked like a nazi salute

Oh come on, really!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Far-right Geordies. Class.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Oh come on, really!?!?

That's what it looked like to me

CSF wrote: »
    Oh god that might have been optimistic.

I would say spot on the money.;)

Sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohemians 0 - 2 Derry City.
    Bohs shift two late goals to City. Probably a blessing in disguise as they need to focus on staying up.

Drogheda 3 - 0 Cork City
    Cork with yet another heavy defeat on the road.

Limerick City 0 - 4 Sligo Rovers
    4 different scorers, including Danny North,on the score sheet for the Bit O' Red.

Not looking forward to the Sligo game on Friday.

Going be a hostile reception for Tommy.

Sligo up 2-0 @HT

Ha. Thought it was North that got booked after the goal. Either way it was for complaining that we didn't get a penalty for the blatant handball that lead to the corner.

Good performance. Great to see North back on the scoresheet. Would have been a much larger scoreline but for Barry Ryan in goals.

Your man Axel would want to **** off to the Gah. Thats twice against us he's punched the ball past the defender. Cheat.

Would ye Dubs not be used to paying that amount for a pint? ;)

We don't go to Temple Bar though...€6.30 for a pint of Harp..:eek:

dfx- wrote: »
    We don't go to Temple Bar though...€6.30 for a pint of Harp..:eek:
    I'd maybe consider a pint of harp if they payed me €6.30 to drink it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I'd maybe consider a pint of harp if they payed me €6.30 to drink it.
    I can imagine pints of Harp on sale in Temple Bar alright ;) N. e. v. e. r would that Great beverage be on tap theyyyareee.

Now weres me pint off McArdles and me 20 Mayyyjors ?

:pac:

Pighead wrote: »
    Drogheda cruising in Hunky Dory's Park against Cork. 3-0 at half time. Highlights of the half included a cracking opening goal from Marks and Tommy Dunne screaming at Denis Behan "For fcuk sake Denis, do you think you might try and break into a fcuking run once this evening?"

Behan's glare back to Dunne was pretty entertaining as well.

Did that actually happen? If so, LOL.

Behan is a waster.

Despite the loss, I thought Bohs looked good last night. Haven't heard that many rounds of applause from the home fans in a while. Missing key players but played some great stuff at times.

Our build up play is quite decent but we need a finisher. Scully is not a finisher. Looks scared to put his head in and really attack the ball.

Lot of positives from those last two games against Derry. Ok, we lost both games but there's small signs there that perhaps we could turn the corner... Especially at home where we've been absolute poison.

Karl Moore looked great again last night. Seems to be growing with every game. Easily our most creative player.

That right back who came on for Nangle looked great too. Made his debut. Zayn SomethingOrOther. Good strength and looks pacy.

gimmick wrote: »

Behan is a waster.

Going to be nasty place on Friday.

Can see that group of 10-15 lads by corner flag having field day.

Behan is a waster.
    Yep happened midway through the first half. Poor old Behan had an awful night in fairness. I don't think I'm allowed to call him fat so I'll just say he looked a tad unfit. He was hauled off after an hour.

In fairness to Cork they put in a decent shift in the second half. Would have been easy to let the heads drop and lose 5 or 6-0 but they battled hard in the second half. Daryl Murphy again showed his class. Best Cork player by a mile. Such a good player.

Going to be nasty place on Friday.

Can see that group of 10-15 lads by corner flag having field day.

Yup. 1 available centre half as well. Can only see a heavy defeat. Then away to Shells the following week. They will certainly be looking at us as a great oppurtunity for 3 points.
    Pighead wrote: »
    Yep happened midway through the first half. Poor old Behan had an awful night in fairness. I don't think I'm allowed to call him fat so I'll just say he looked a tad unfit. He was hauled off after an hour.

In fairness to Cork they put in a decent shift in the second half. Would have been easy to let the heads drop and lose 5 or 6-0 but they battled hard in the second half. Daryl Murphy again showed his class. Best Cork player by a mile. Such a good player.

Behan has always looked that way. He is an awful player and should never have been signed.

Do you mean Danny Murphy, or Daryl Horgan?

• Advertisement

Do you mean Danny Murphy, or Daryl Horgan?
    Danny Murphy! Always calling him Daryl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That_Guy wrote: »

Karl Moore looked great again last night. Seems to be growing with every game. Easily our most creative player.

Enjoyed watching him play last Friday at the Brandywell, very skillful.

What age of a fella is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Good performance. Great to see North back on the scoresheet. Would have been a much larger scoreline but for Barry Ryan in goals.

Djilali has another impressive game I hear? Good to see him hitting form just before the European games. He has lost a good bit of weight too.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Djilali has another impressive game I hear? Good to see him hitting form just before the European games. He has lost a good bit of weight too.
    Hes quality. Took him a while to settle in but you could always see the ability was there. Still a lot more to come.
    Hes our new corner taker too. Joey misses one game and we score two corners!

NIMAN wrote: »
    Enjoyed watching him play last Friday at the Brandywell, very skillful.

What age of a fella is he?

He's 23/24 I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement