Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I get this pump ?? Pic included

• 28-06-2013 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    I'm having a slight issue with my pump . I noticed recently that when I flush the toilet ,the pump weeps about a cupful of water.
    The pump is 13 years old and I'm thinking is it safer to replace it now rather than come home one day to a flooded apt!!

If anyone can tell me where I could get this pump or if someone can replace my old pump I'd really appreciate it. Will I have to replace like with like or will a similar pump do the job.
    Any info at all I'd love to hear it as its a little unnerving ..
    See pics below.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

The obvious is the helpline number printed on the data badge, they could tell you the direct replacement if obsolete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

The obvious is the helpline number printed on the data badge, they could tell you the direct replacement if obsolete.

Haha , I know I tried the number but it's not in service !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Get grundfos or monsoon. Stocked most placed and very similar pumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Get grundfos or monsoon. Stocked most placed and very similar pumps.

Cheers , how much would I be looking at ??

hawkelady wrote: »
    Cheers , how much would I be looking at ??

Think there about 4-450 for brassbody

Heatmerchents are doing 175 for plastic 2 bar. As far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

A quick word of caution...
    Hawkelady indicates in her O.P. that the pump runs when the toilet is flushed.
    If its the case that the pump serves more than just the shower valve, then its better to fit a brass pump.
    If any of the new plastic Stuart Turner shower pumps are installed to serve anything more than a shower valve the warranty is void in the event of a problem.

Actually come to think of it its recommended if filling toilets you fit a negative head pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Not sure about that one, must check it out. Although I do think that the pumps have an easier time if a fluidmaster filling valve is used in the cistern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Shires never made pumps, they bought and badged pumps, what you have cant be replaced with a direct replacement or fixed, its bad practice to plumb any toilet with a pressurised supply, if your ballvalve fails your overflow will never keep up with the pumped supply and flood your home.
    You have a plastic body pump, its entry level on the food chain where pumps are concerned, long term you should consider a brass body pump, cant beat stuart turner pumps.

Advertisement