Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terminator Genisys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Just watching T2 at the moment.

Did people know before going to see it back in 97 that the T-800 was good or was it a shock? Like was how was it advertised?

It's amazing how bad this series of films gets, after T2.

Aw man....as others have said the trailers gave it away.

But my father showed me Terminator 1 and then 2 back to back in one of those "boys nights" you had as a kid when your mother went away for a weekend and your Da treated you to an 18's film :D

so I saw the first two back to back with no idea about them, so that moment was a MEGA mindblown moment for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also for the review on that screenplay, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

For me anyway some of his reviews are way of the mark( most recently called Interstellar a heaping pile of ****) and I get the feeling he most likely hasn't read the actual screenplay.

Most of his reviews and Blu-ray and DVD restrospects, and I wonder if it's someone who doesn't get any press screenings to bluff a few more hits on his site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

the_monkey wrote: »

I thought Genisys was meant to be the first instalment in a trilogy.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I thought Genisys was meant to be the first instalment in a trilogy.

:O Even worse !!!

I'm thinking #2 never mind #3 could be cancelled after the flop Genisys is bound to be ..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

:O Even worse !!!

I'm thinking #2 never mind #3 could be cancelled after the flop Genisys is bound to be ..

Can't remember where I read it but I think Arnie's doing both.

If ever there was an argument for piracy...

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Can't remember where I read it but I think Arnie's doing both.

If ever there was an argument for piracy...

Here Here / I'd love to get my hands on a pirated 4K copy and show it around the country on giant outdoor screens :)

• Not sure how everybody can be overly critical when nothing other than a trailer has been watched

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not sure how everybody can be overlay critical when nothing other than a trailer has been watched

The series has been steadily declining in quality with each iteration. Salvation was awful, one of the worst films I've seen in a cinema. This could be a classic. It's possible. However, I think it's unlikely to say the least. If it gets a string of good reviews I might chance it but given that the trailer is meant to sell the film, it's failed.

Not sure how everybody can be overlay critical when nothing other than a trailer has been watched

Sure, but if that leaked script is accurate then we are in for a shocking film..

• Advertisement

• The series has been steadily declining in quality with each iteration. Salvation was awful, one of the worst films I've seen in a cinema. This could be a classic. It's possible. However, I think it's unlikely to say the least. If it gets a string of good reviews I might chance it but given that the trailer is meant to sell the film, it's failed.

Surely it cant be worse than salvation but we shall see
    Sure, but if that leaked script is accurate then we are in for a shocking film..

I didn't hear that news but I steer clear of spoilers

Well, it's a reimagining of T2 that nobody wanted so I won't be surprised if it is worse than Salvation.

Well, it's a reimagining of T2 that nobody wanted so I won't be surprised if it is worse than Salvation.

The spoiler that's been going around makes Salvation look like a cinematic masterpiece in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

The spoiler that's been going around makes Salvation look like a cinematic masterpiece in comparison.

I've forgotten what it was to be honest. If only I could do the same about that trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It'll probably give people AIDs too.

Never underestimate boards.ie members ability to overreact :)

Never underestimate boards.ie members ability to overreact :)

I said that it's a terrible trailer. How is that overreacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Whats the spoiler? Done a quick search but can't find it!

Well I did catch HIV from watching the trailer, so there's that...

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

I read there will be a fight between the new Arnold and the old Arnold in this movie. The old Arnold being the one from the original Terminator just as he has landed back in time. Since old Arnold is naked what they did was just totally remove his dick and balls and have him looking like a Ken doll.
    To me this sounds utterly hilarious and almost makes me want to see the movie. But I'll wait until that clip ends up on YouTube.

genisysnoballs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can't see how they'd do that considering Arnie is naked in the first movie and clearly packing the full package.

I think continuity's going to take quite the beating here to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Can't see how they'd do that considering Arnie is naked in the first movie and clearly packing the full package.
    Same but it's been reported.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/35957/-genisys-terminator-to-be-genital-free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

But where do baby terminators come from then???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Kind of stupid for Skynet to build the T800 as an infiltrator unit then leave them as Ken dolls, pretty simple check for the resistance to do before they let them into their bunkers.

Bacchus wrote: »
    But where do baby terminators come from then???

Arnie's housemaid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

ps3lover wrote: »

PG-13 rating all the way! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This film is shaping up to be one of those you watch just how see how badly they've messed it up (ditto Total Recall 2012, Robocop 2014 etc - reboots no-one asked for)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    This film is shaping up to be one of those you watch just how see how badly they've messed it up (ditto Total Recall 2012, Robocop 2014 etc - reboots no-one asked for)

To be fair Robocop 2014 was a pretty good movie that did enough to make it stand on its own feet (if a bit shakily). If Genisys was even on-par with that, I'd be shocked and pleasantly surprised.

I'm still massively looking forward to Genisys as a popcorn flick. Salvation was pretty poor but I still enjoyed it in that sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Thargor wrote: »
    Kind of stupid for Skynet to build the T800 as an infiltrator unit then leave them as Ken dolls, pretty simple check for the resistance to do before they let them into their bunkers.

Because a killing machine that could snap your neck like a twig, will allow you to walk up and grab its crotch :pac:

All joking aside, everything I hear about this just makes me die a little inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

MAJOR SPOILERS Filled trailer. Watch At Own Risk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

The scene with Arnie fighting the 1984 Terminator looks so fake. I hope the rest of the film doesnt look that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

So what is the John Connor machine then? Another new type?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Really looks like a big fat 'nope' to me; flashy, weightless CGI surrounding what looks like a total mess of a script. It'll need a lot of levelheaded praise and reviews to make me think about seeing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I...can't even.

They seem to have forgotten the horrorful suspense that was such a major contributor to the success of T2. In the trailer they appear to be revealing the main plot points and effectively are marketing this on, "Look! Terminators! Arnie! Emilia Clarke! KABOOM!"

And an Arnie -v- Arnie fight. It's going to be the same terrible obvious CG they used in Salvation. I just know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just watched the trailer, think I know the whole plot now.

I thought the original trailer gave too much away, but that new one is crazy.

Also, this film looks terrible, looks like its going to be way worse than 3 and Salvation combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ah here - SPOILERS, MAJOR FECKING SPOILERS IN THE DAMNED TRAILER!? Could they not have left that out, did they REALLY need to show that?

Seriously, anyone with an interest in seeing this movie DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER.

I hope this supposed trilogy if completed, does not end with them stopping Judgement Day, but humanity picking up the pieces after the war and moving on somehow. Let them go wild in this proposed trilogy, delve deep on high budget fanfiction, but not a stop JD scenario, anyway.

At least that way, it wouldn't look like they were trying to money spin a new trilogy, just in time before the rights go back to Cameron. Even though that is what they are doing

I'd hate for the end of this trilogy to be identical to the end of T2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

well that would have been an interesting surprise.......now ruined by the trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I’m confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I’m confused.

Someone posted leaked script details here ages ago, spoilered too. They were just talking about how bad this film is going to be.

They mentioned, will spoiler tag it but its in the trailer.
    As Kyle Reese is going back in time,
    he spots a terminator or some sh1te near John Connor.
    John Connor is injected with nanites and gets converted into a new type of terminator.
    Then for some reason he too goes back in time,
    and Sarah, Kyle and the T-800 try to go time travel forwards into the future to prevent what happened to John...

Honestly, it sounds completely absurd, but the trailer above confirms it.

Edit, here is the post I was talking about:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94075411&postcount=428
    Posted by Adamantium back in January.

Looks like he was bang on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I actually preferred that trailer to the previous one.

**steps slowly away from pc, out the door, down the stairs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Meh, heard about the spoilers and watched the trailer anyway.

It'll be a "turn your brain off" kind of movie, but it would have been better to keep the spoiler out of the trailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That shot of Arnie on the ground with his eye exposed looked like the CGI had just been composited in 5 minutes, why would they put that in there?

This would really need to be something to get people into the cinemas but that "reveal" and how much it spends on it stinks of desperation with the reception from the first trailer. Though they did spoil it a long time ago with
    on-set pictures (one of the first were of 3 of them and John Connor at the hospital, the 1st trailer then showed Arnie putting him through a wall.)

My God that is beyond awful, I wouldnt even bother downloading it when it eventually gets pirated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Gintonious wrote: »
    Meh, heard about the spoilers and watched the trailer anyway.

It'll be a "turn your brain off" kind of movie, but it would have been better to keep the spoiler out of the trailers.

The original Terminator movies were more than simply 'turn your brain off movies' (an excuse for sub par action movies these days). They were interesting with strong characters and great sci-fi storytelling.

Reducing the Terminator series to what's in the above trailer is sad imo. Especially considering iconic the role and the actor is.

Still, I hope I'm wrong, but it looks a mess.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

..but it looks a mess.

I can't wait for the sequel to this. We'll have 2015 Arnie fighting 1984 Arnie fighting 1991 Arnie.

Terminator 6:Judgement Schwarzenegger!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Seriously, I agree with everyone complaining but I truly hope none of you complaining go to the cinema to see this movie in it's opening weekend/week. Doing so will only contribute to the movie possibly doing well enough for them to consider it a success and make them feel that it's okay to continue producing these unoriginal sequels that just fuking butcher the original franchises. If you must go see it in cinemas then wait until the opening week has past and then go see it. And even then, try to go at a 'bargain screening' for <€5 if your cinema do them.

Will be waiting to torrent this. Even then it'll probably be the same as the newest Hobbit film where reviews were so bad that I didn't even bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The original Terminator movies were more than simply 'turn your brain off movies' (an excuse for sub par action movies these days). They were interesting with strong characters and great sci-fi storytelling.

Reducing the Terminator series to what's in the above trailer is sad imo. Especially considering iconic the role and the actor is.

Still, I hope I'm wrong, but it looks a mess.

I love the first two, but there's not much to them. There's really no rich mythology there, it's a simple concept that worked really well for two movies and that's where they should have left it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I can't wait for the sequel to this. We'll have 2015 Arnie fighting 1984 Arnie fighting 1991 Arnie.

Terminator 6:Judgement Schwarzenegger!

Snapchat Terminator, Ronald Reagan Terminator and Desert Storm Terminator.

• Advertisement
Advertisement