Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terminator Genisys

1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I love T2 but I always thought the first film was far superior, even if it lacks the mass-appeal that T2 has. Judgement Day ticks virtually every box possible in terms of mass-market appeal.

For me, the funny thing is that a spiritual re-boot or sequel to the first film wouldn't even require mega-bucks at all, and could even be a low-budget affair if a studio so wished.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the totally under-rated Death Machine is a another prime example of low budget but effective and broody, sci-fi horror.

Judgement day was a much more commercial film but compared to the dross that's pumped out these days, it is far superior imo. The look of the film and pace, music, cgi etc would be totally ruined by today's production teams.

• I watched this for a second time yesterday as the missus hadn't watched it yet.
    It was even worse and more cringey than I remember the first time.
    I'd rate it the worst out of all the movies. Even Salvation was better when I think back on it now.
    Emily Clarke is just god awful in this, "Come with me if you want to live...now soldier!" OH Jesus
    Even more Painful at the end
    Screaming out "No Pops No!"

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I watched this for a second time yesterday as the missus hadn't watched it yet.
    It was even worse and more cringey than I remember the first time.
    I'd rate it the worst out of all the movies. Even Salvation was better when I think back on it now.
    Emily Clarke is just god awful in this, "Come with me if you want to live...now soldier!" OH Jesus
    Even more Painful at the end
    Screaming out "No Pops No!"

There's a lot bad casting going on these days, she's fine in Game Of Thrones but she's way too light to play SC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Seanachai wrote: »
    There's a lot bad casting going on these days, she's fine in Game Of Thrones but she's way too light to play SC.

I think she's bad in GOT too.

Spoilers in case anyone hasn't seen Terminator Geriatric yet:
    A retelling/butchering of Terminator as if the new director were told about the first film via Chinese whispers over a bad phoneline by a person who only read the IMDB synopsis.

T1000? Easy.
    T800/100/101/whatever? Easy.
    Terminator made of CGI Dust[ er.. Nanites? - Bit more difficult, but we'll use magnets or some crap.
    Sarah Connor? Let's make her unlikable and the audience will actually want her to die.
    Time Machine? Built out of 80s junk and a future chip with no interface problems.
    Arnie's Old? Ah, shure Terminator skin ages. No plant phenols for you, Arnie. CGI the rest.

By the way - Skynet is now Doctor Skywho. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey hijinks ensue.

John Connor is a Terminator? Interesti... no wait, it's gone. Had an idea where to go with it and it's gone. More 'splosions instead.

I have to admit I did like the homage to the original Terminator arriving, even if they cheesed it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Ageyev wrote: »
    No love for the Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series? I thought it was quite good what I saw of it.

I watched all hilarious and illogical episodes of it. I'm a big fan of the first movie and got an odd enjoyment and amusement out of seeing what awful things they'd do next. It really felt like it was written by people who had watched the first two movies sometime in the past and only had a vague recollection of the various plot points.
    Shirley Manson was especially awful. How funny was it she decided to disguise herself as a toilet? and for how long was she waiting there, who used the toilet in the meantime?! :D

Bottom line is the whole premise was never going to be friendly to a TV episodes format.

I watched all hilarious and illogical episodes of it. I'm a big fan of the first movie and got an odd enjoyment and amusement out of seeing what awful things they'd do next. It really felt like it was written by people who had watched the first two movies sometime in the past and only had a vague recollection of the various plot points.
    Shirley Manson was especially awful. How funny was it she decided to disguise herself as a toilet? and for how long was she waiting there, who used the toilet in the meantime?! :D

Bottom line is the whole premise was never going to be friendly to a TV episodes format.

Pmsl, I missed that one (spoiler), I must check that out :P

Advertisement