Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus Legends

• 28-06-2013 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to find this on playstation store?

It has been released cant find it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe if you spelt it right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Look for Spartacus Legends instead, are you sure it's out on the Irish store, it may only be out on the USA one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Look for Spartacus Legends instead, are you sure it's out on the Irish store, it may only be out on the USA one.

I'm just searching Spartacus, maybe it might not be on the Irish store yet.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Downloaded it myself on the Xbox last night and have been playing it this morning.

It's pretty standard but I'm liking it at the moment. I don't think it has much depth as a fighting game. There are very limited moves but there are a decent array of styles to fight as. I can't see this being a game to get much more than a few hours entertainment from to be honest.

The Microtransactions are ridiculous. It's the usual grind out games to win silver coins to buy gear to make your fighter better or spend real money to get Gold Coins to get a strong fighter straight away. The upper price is for 3000 coins and they cost 120,000 MS Points!!! Really ridiculous pricing.

Anyway I've been playing for a few hours against computer and online and have earned 4 gold coins from levelling up. Really highlights the problem with the FTP game model for me. The game is not worth full retail price let alone over €120 to get the most out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

dave1982 wrote: »
    I'm just searching Spartacus, maybe it might not be on the Irish store yet.Thanks

No it's not, it is on the USA one though, also free to download,set up a USA account and get it from there. Or not, damn micro transactions.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/25/playstation-store-update-297/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

djkeogh wrote: »
    Anyway I've been playing for a few hours against computer and online and have earned 4 gold coins from levelling up. Really highlights the problem with the FTP game model for me. The game is not worth full retail price let alone over €120 to get the most out of it.

The FTP model isn't the problem, it's how it's implemented. There have been many private servers for MMO's over the last 10 years that have been able to keep themselves running on money generated through such a manner. I think that's where the model actually comes from. However what you've experienced above is a very extreme use of it and seems to forget who the user base are and what they can afford to pay.

Reading good enough reviews for it online.The Ozzie version has no blood or executions so they're complaining about that, that seems to be the only complaints I seen.

Am I reading it right the game is free but you can spend 120 to get all the add ons etc?

Yea I think there is a place for FTP but in nearly every case on iOS and now on Xbox that I've seen it implemented they want ridiculous amounts of money for their premium currency which the game then hamstrings you without.

It's implemented very poorly here that's for sure.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Reading good enough reviews for it online.The Ozzie version has no blood or executions so they're complaining about that, that seems to be the only complaints I seen.

Am I reading it right the game is free but you can spend 120 to get all the add ons etc?

120,000 MS Points for 3000 gold coins of in game currency. So that's at least €120 depending oh how much you buy your points for.

I'm progressing through without much bother without using the coins but I'd be fairly certain you'll hit a wall soon. Online fighters I'm finding have spent money and have ridiculously overpowered fighters compared to me trying to do it the honest way

Found it on my US account downloading it now 2Gigs on 3mb connection:mad:

Just seen on the spartacus facebook page if a fighter quits online during a fight, you forfeit the fight losing coins?

I've high hopes for this game, I'd prefer a full retail version of this game but I'll take this gladly.

• Advertisement

like I say I'm enjoying it being free just not sure that it's a game I'll be playing in weeks from now let alone months. They need more depth to the moves you can do. Maybe I'm missing something but it's very similar moves every time and little by way of variation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

for those saying its not on the irish store
    try spell checking
    because i have it the past 2 days on my irish account :L

also i agree its a money scam i think :L
    my best gladiator is rated 183 at the moment, and i havnt spent any money on him
    but i cant see him getting any higher rating then that because its asking me to spend gold coins to get the better armour
    so either this game will be dead in a couple of weeks, or people are going to like it that much to spend so much money on it :L to me i love it, because i loved the series and its "freeish" but i dont think id be able to give them money for it, cause i can see this game going dead fast

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A fighting game with no local 2 player mode and that you can pay2win in...

Yeah, don't think I'm too bothered.

Hmm, the lag in online matches is pretty unforgivable as well it has to be said. Unplayable really

Amazing I'm having no issues with lag and tbh I'm quiet enjoying it, only downfall so far is the queue for online fight

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, was a bit slow to play alright but average game. Perfect for being free and a bit of hack n slash fun.
    Only had 1 online match against a guy who was 105 and i was 38 for the fun. Needless to say my rusty sword and battered wooden shield we no match for my opponent.
    Also, don't like playing against trident and spear lads as they kick my @ss every time

Advertisement