Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Dining Experience

Options
  • 28-06-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

We will be a year married on Saturday week and plan on going to Dublin for dinner. We are looking for somewhere nice that won't break the bank as money is tight. Just something a bit different. we had planned on Tante Zoe's but they seem to be gone and recent comments on this forum have been quite poor. Any suggestions welcome please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Sabor Brazil.
    I've suggested it to people before. It's perfect for special occasions. The only drawback is the price, about 200 quid for two people. But as far as i'm concerned it's more than worth the money.

Read some reviews of it on tripadvisor to get a good idea of what to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Sabor Brazil.
    I've suggested it to people before. It's perfect for special occasions. The only drawback is the price, about 200 quid for two people. But as far as i'm concerned it's more than worth the money.

Read some reviews of it on tripadvisor to get a good idea of what to expect.

Their tasting menu is €100pp without drinks! Thats seriously pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Their tasting menu is €100pp without drinks! Thats seriously pricey

Yeah - it's very much a special occasion kinda place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Sabor Brazil is quite possibly the most romantic place to eat in Dublin.

OP, if you give a price range, we could help you a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

The pre theatre menu in Chapter One (with some tickets after ? ) is great value for a special occasion.

http://www.chapteronerestaurant.com/menus/menu_pretheatre.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Susie120704

Sabor brazil sounds fab but the budget just isn't there at the moment. Chapter One sound interesting and there dinner menu seems quite a gastronomic experience and would be ok price wise. In a perfect world 100 Euro would be the max spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

You could try The Pigs Ear, which is lovely.
    Locks Brasserie do an excellent early bird as well.
    Mulberry garden is lovely.
    L'Ecrivain. is lovely but they don't do an early bird afaik.
    San Lorenzo's is very nice and does a good early bird as well
    I have heard great things about the Hot Stove. Haven't tried it myself though.
    Fade St Social I enjoyed though I am not sure it would be romantic
    FXB's on Crow St, the same, very nice but not sure if it is romantic

Chapter One's early bird is generally booked up ages in advance.

reprazant wrote: »
    You could try The Pigs Ear, which is lovely.
    Locks Brasserie do an excellent early bird as well.
    Mulberry garden is lovely.
    L'Ecrivain. is lovely but they don't do an early bird afaik.
    San Lorenzo's is very nice and does a good early bird as well
    I have heard great things about the Hot Stove. Haven't tried it myself though.
    Fade St Social I enjoyed though I am not sure it would be romantic
    FXB's on Crow St, the same, very nice but not sure if it is romantic

Chapter One's early bird is generally booked up ages in advance.

Massive choices there and all fitting in the price range. Definitely hard to choose which woulf be the one now. Thanks for the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

L'Ecrivain have a voucher on one of the sites at the moment, not sure if it's valid on a Saturday though, might be worth checking through www.mydealpage.ie what vouchers are out there - i know there are some very nice places with vouchers at the mo.

L'Ecrivain have a voucher on one of the sites at the moment, not sure if it's valid on a Saturday though, might be worth checking through www.mydealpage.ie what vouchers are out there - i know there are some very nice places with vouchers at the mo.

Tried the voucher but tis only Sunday to Thursday which is a pity. Maybe later in the year we can get there when things are not as busy and we can take time off work but for now its Saturday night or bust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I like going to Chex Max with my boyfriend, I find it really romantic.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

possibly not the most romantic resturant but the food in terra madra, will just make you melt and give you most amazing warm fuzzy feeling inside.

it feels just like, the first time you time you fall in love:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Go and have a bag of chips by the seaside weather permitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I love Chez Max, one of my favourite restaurants in Dublin. The original one though. Lovely atmosphere, and delicious escargot.

I would also second the suggestion of the Pig's Ear, super food and service.

Fade St Social in no way intimate. Chapter One is always fantastic.

Not Tante Zoe's in any circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Think Tante Zoe's is closed... according to recent posts in this forum anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Pig's Ear for me too. Great food and service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

January wrote: »
    Think Tante Zoe's is closed... according to recent posts in this forum anyway.

It is indeed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

We will be a year married on Saturday week and plan on going to Dublin for dinner. We are looking for somewhere nice that won't break the bank as money is tight. Just something a bit different. we had planned on Tante Zoe's but they seem to be gone and recent comments on this forum have been quite poor. Any suggestions welcome please.

Sale e Pepe in Malahide.

http://www.saleepepe.ie/

Been there with the "wife to be" a few times,and its a cosy/romantic place to eat in.

Great food at a good price,very good drinks/wine menu and the service is very good.

You then you have the few bars/pubs down the street from there.

Grande Hotel in Malahide is just around the corner too

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

I have always found Trocadero to be a romantic experience.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I was going to say Cruzzo's in Malahide but I see it's closed down :(

That's a shame!

What about Fire on Dawson Street? Really nice food and a lovely central setting?

• Advertisement

xzanti wrote: »
    I was going to say Cruzzo's in Malahide but I see it's closed down :(

That's a shame!

What about Fire on Dawson Street? Really nice food and a lovely central setting?

Fire is lovely but it is big and can be noisey. i wouldnt consider it a romantic resturant.

The food in the pigs ear is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

I was going to suggest Louie's Bistro on Mountjoy Square but it appears its gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

We love Matt the Threshers...

I was going to suggest Louie's Bistro on Mountjoy Square but it appears its gone :(

yeah, its gone about 2 years now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭goiko

I would recommend The Porthouse in South William street but I don't think you are looking for a tapas restaurant for your anniversary dinner. The lighting makes it quite romantic though and the atmosphere and food in general are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

goiko wrote: »
    I would recommend The Porthouse in South William street but I don't think you are looking for a tapas restaurant for your anniversary dinner. The lighting makes it quite romantic though and the atmosphere and food in general are lovely.

It is lovely but I don't think you can book a table and it tends to be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭goiko

It is lovely but I don't think you can book a table and it tends to be busy.

That's true but I'm sure they will be fine if they go early enough. They can always have a drink at the bar if it's a 20 mins wait anyway! :)

Advertisement