Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LLM in International Criminal Law?

Options
  • 28-06-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was just wondering has anybody on here completed the LLM International Criminal Law in NUIG? I was thinking of applying for it in the 2014/2015 academic year. Could anyone provide me with any first hand info e.g. What you honestly thought about the quality of the course, what type of jobs are realistically available in the field, what are the modules like, difficulty of the course etc etc. Thanks in advance lads, much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I didn't study my LLM in NUIG but on my own course (international law in the UK) the Irish Centre for Human Rights (where the LLM is based) has a very good reputation.
    As far career prospects, one thing we were always told was that if you want to work in international criminal law, the best way to achieve it is to become a public prosecutor or some such thing in your own country. An LLM would help would help but you'd also need to qualify in Ireland or another country.

Advertisement