If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers for my Denon X3000

Options
  • 28-06-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi again :)

I'm looking to change my speakers , to compliment my new Denon AVR-X3000 .

I currently use Acoustic Energy AE109's for the front , An AE 107C centre and a pair of Mission 73S for surrounds (wall mounted on Mission brackets )
    They're all between 12-15 years old ( I think)

I don't have a subwoofer at the moment as I find the AE 109's a little bass heavy .

I'm looking at the Monitor Audio Bronze range .

Would it be a worthwhile upgrade ?

They will be used for everything - movies , music , gaming , live / recorded tv etc , as I have the speakers in my tv disabled .

Due to space limitations , the Bronze BX Centre is the largest centre speaker I can buy (it's the same height as the AE 107C )

The speakers have to be a wood finish ( Rosewood )

What I was thinking of are the following -

Option 1

BX6 Front
    BX Centre
    BXFX Surround
    No sub / maybe add one at a later date if needed

Option 2

BX5 Front
    BX Centre
    BXFX Surround
    Either no sub / or BXW10 or BK XLS 200

What about the Mission MX range ?

Any thoughts or ideas about my plan ?

What's the best price you can quote for both options ?
    Thanks .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ninja.

I'm sharpening my pencil...

be back shortly.

ATB

Dave

PM sent.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

PM sent.

ATB

Dave
    Thanks Dave .

Reply sent :)

PM tennis ! :-)
    Dave

PM tennis ! :-)
    Dave
    And one on it's way back to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ninja 12 wrote: »
    And one on it's way back to you

Replied :)

Replied
    And another one on it's way back :)

And another one on it's way back

Back at ya.

I forgot to update this thread , sorry guys @ Richer Sounds :)

In the end I went for -

Monitor Audio
    BX6 Front
    BX Centre
    BXFX Surround
    No sub ( room layout / furniture is not suitable for one at the moment )

All are finished in Walnut .

Great service and delivery , including getting a replacement for a faulty grille for one of the BX6's ( the magnets that hold it to the speaker cabinet were installed back to front , meaning that it would not stick to the speaker )

Anyway , they're all nicely run in now ( they were sounding a bit harsh at first ) and are a huge improvement over the Acoustic Energy AE109's and AE 107C .

In movies / TV , vocals are much clearer from the centre.

From the fronts , bass is more controlled and has more impact but not as boomy / overblown  as the AE 109's .
    ( I tried all sorts of tweaking & positioning but the AE109's were always a little too boomy / bass heavy , midrange not as good as it could be )

The BXFX surround speakers are well worth the upgrade from the Mission 73S speakers I was using as well ( and look very neat mounted on the wall with the cables hidden in the wall )

All of the speakers match well , with sound effects transitioning seamlessly around the room :)

With 2 channel music , there is much more clarity , it's not just me that thinks so . My wife thinks there is a huge improvement as well .

Do I regret not having a sub ?
    Absolutely not . The BX6's are capable of shaking the room with really deep ( but controlled bass ) while keeping the clarity that they have as well .

Overall , a very worthwhile change for me :)

Thanks again for a great service :)

I forgot to update this thread , sorry guys @ Richer Sounds :)

In the end I went for -

Monitor Audio
    BX6 Front
    BX Centre
    BXFX Surround
    No sub ( room layout / furniture is not suitable for one at the moment )

All are finished in Walnut .

Great service and delivery , including getting a replacement for a faulty grille for one of the BX6's ( the magnets that hold it to the speaker cabinet were installed back to front , meaning that it would not stick to the speaker )

Anyway , they're all nicely run in now ( they were sounding a bit harsh at first ) and are a huge improvement over the Acoustic Energy AE109's and AE 107C .

In movies / TV , vocals are much clearer from the centre.

From the fronts , bass is more controlled and has more impact but not as boomy / overblown  as the AE 109's .
    ( I tried all sorts of tweaking & positioning but the AE109's were always a little too boomy / bass heavy , midrange not as good as it could be )

The BXFX surround speakers are well worth the upgrade from the Mission 73S speakers I was using as well ( and look very neat mounted on the wall with the cables hidden in the wall )

All of the speakers match well , with sound effects transitioning seamlessly around the room :)

With 2 channel music , there is much more clarity , it's not just me that thinks so . My wife thinks there is a huge improvement as well .

Do I regret not having a sub ?
    Absolutely not . The BX6's are capable of shaking the room with really deep ( but controlled bass ) while keeping the clarity that they have as well .

Overall , a very worthwhile change for me :)

Thanks again for a great service :)
    Hi Ninja,

Glad you're enjoying your new kit.

Have to say I'm very jealous.  The BX6s are a great speaker!  If I rocked home with a pair my landlord / neighbors would have me out in seconds.  

Cheers for the kind words and the business.

If you need anything else just let us know.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Ninja,

Glad you're enjoying your new kit.

Have to say I'm very jealous. The BX6s are a great speaker! If I rocked home with a pair my landlord / neighbors would have me out in seconds.

Cheers for the kind words and the business.

If you need anything else just let us know.

Chris

Thanks ,

The BX6's are brilliant , and just a little bigger than the AE109's they replaced :)

(see the attached rubbish phone pic)
    270181.jpg

Any other purchases , I know where to go :)

Another satisfied customer :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.