Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does this gadget work?

• 28-06-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,

My central heating system had a tap, so when the pressure went low in the system you could open the tap to top it up from the water mains.

Few years ago a plumber installed an automatic pressure regulator thing (i think i have attached a photo).

The pressure has gone very low and this thing does not seem to be working. I have tried screwing in/out the threaded bit, to no avail.

Does anyone know what it is? is there a reset thing on it? Is it handy to replace if its borken? etc
    Thanks
    Roytheboyo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

They'll only hide a leak. Should be replaced with a filling loop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

corkgsxr wrote: »
    They'll only hide a leak. Should be replaced with a filling loop

And the cause of the pressure loss investigated and repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭roytheboyo

Thanks for replies. I will look into replacing it. The pressure always needed topping up 1 or 2 times per year, its in an estate and neighbours so the same. Is it definately leaking?
    Anyone know how to fix the pressure top up yoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

roytheboyo wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. I will look into replacing it. The pressure always needed topping up 1 or 2 times per year, its in an estate and neighbours so the same. Is it definately leaking?
    Anyone know how to fix the pressure top up yoke?

Check red pressure vessel / tank is light and hollow sound when you tap it with a spanner. If solid and heavy call service eng / plumber.

Plastic handle on valve is on/off like a tap. Anty clockwise on/clockwise off.

Tredded part is to ajust for proper pressure, screw in for higher p. Out for lower set at 1- 1,25 bar max and then turn off plastic tap. If not ok call plumber and also get him/her to add licquid leak sealer to system. Plumbers are there for a reason, to be called.

Advertisement