Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live roundabout

Options
  • 28-06-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭

OK, my account is suspended due to payment option. For some reason they didn't charge me and I was sick of waiting, so I went ahead and bought a 3 month live code, oh no I cannot redeem the code until I pay them €6.99. Fcuk off tbh. Been on support all day trying to fix this and the best they say is I may get a call in 3-5 days?

wtf :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

It's a straightforward five minute phone call, very easy process. Your 1 month subscription renewed, when Xbox tried to take out the payment for it, it was declined, so you've an outstanding balance on the account. Xbox tried to process the balance for about 15-20 days running, after a certain amount of declines it goes into suspension. when there's an outstanding balance on the account it won't let you buy any new subscriptions or add in a code, so you need to phone support, or get support to phone you. Follow the steps there to request a callback, or phone yourself on 012420758. Not sure if the Irish line is open weekends or not but callbacks should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I just checked, it was declined because they tried to charge me 13.98 not 6.99. They are insisting I have to pay for 2 months, not one. I've been doing monthly suscription for a year at least I'm utterly baffled. They said they'd put me in touch with their advocacy team.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Ah so it's 2 renewals that have been charged, not one, sometimes the second renewal will kick in before the suspension. It's a fairly straightforward procedure, I don't know why it wasn't explained to you properly, and it wasn't necessary for it to be sent to the advocacy team either.

Advertisement