Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router and range extender

• 28-06-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,852 ✭✭✭✭

i have currently put in a belkin db600 router in a small office. i have been to try to connect to house of the person who owns the business. there is about 30-35 metres clear distance between the window of the office where the router is and the window where is the nearest point for the range extender.

I have connected the 2 , and the range extender is giving a fair signal around the house, but i believe there is a very weak signal between the router and range extender. I know the distance between is a bit much, but i cannot seem to explain to my boss that this is why the broadband is not working in the house always.

Is there any router with a strong enough signal for this sort of distance , in your experience. The two buildings are on a different power grid, so home plugs are also out of the question. It would be awkward as anything but it might have to come down to running a long ethernet cable between the router and range extender. It would involve some cutting concrete on a driveway and some mini digger work

Advertisement