Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which boxed chocolates do you buy for special occasions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pang wrote: »
    I associate Roses and Quality Street with Christmas. Plus, in addition to that, the quality of them has disimproved so much over the last number of years that I don't even find them enjoyable to eat.
    heroes & celebrations are also christmasy sweets. They are the same price as roses & quality street nowadays and have less duds that nobody wants. I still have a load of those uncoated hard toffee ones from quality street in my press, horrible teeth pullers.

I do like the purple roses or quality streets, and the odd time they have boxes just full of them.

Tesco were selling these off dirt cheap after christmas one year
    qs1.bmp
    I had loads of them. They were well in date too, they just considered them christmas stock. Its the only thing I pray for at christmas & easter -good reductions on the sweets when its over :pac:

Look what ye made me do. Look :mad: :o

644190_10151895952875984_11403143_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Well, if you're feeling bad about it, feel free to send 'em my way!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

644190_10151895952875984_11403143_n.jpg

I wish guests to my house would bring Leonidas!

The important question is, though: what size is that box? My oh buys me the smallest box occasionally and it's never enough :o

Faith wrote: »
    I wish guests to my house would bring Leonidas!

The important question is, though: what size is that box? My oh buys me the smallest box occasionally and it's never enough :o

It was the not smallest box :D

I think there were about 20 choccies in it, there are no longer 20 choccies in it.

• Advertisement

Leonidas had a half price offer this time last year, so keep an eye out on those groupon type sites. it was only in blackrock, maybe they have less customers in the summer months.

this is expired but you can see it still.
    https://www.livingsocial.com/cities/68/deals/469852-340-gramme-box-of-handmade-chocolates

There was no catch, you could pick your own. Most of these groupon type deals are not the amazing half price deal they claim, exaggerating the supposed original selling price, but this was a good genuine deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know if you can order Leonidas online?
    Please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Personally I find thortons extremely over priced. They are ok chocolates but quite pricey. Where as Lily O Briens and Butlers are both hand made in Ireland and can be affordable if you buy them on special ( either of them usually is ). One of the Tesco Finest chocolates are hand made in Ireland so I could be wrong but I imagine its either Butlers or Lily O Briens

Does anybody know if you can order Leonidas online?
    Please!
    Yes but looks like you are stuck with their selections.
    http://www.leonidasonline.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

hfallada wrote: »
    Personally I find thortons extremely over priced. They are ok chocolates but quite pricey.

Actually I think they're the more affordable ones! But I tend to go exclusively to their shop in Stephen Green... they always seem to have great sales or maybe they're an official cheap outlet place or something... but great deals galore :D

And lately they're always offering free samples at the till... don't tempt me woman :P Ok, do!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 jalan8984

Anyone got recommendations for chocolate truffles?

Advertisement