Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor problem

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

LG Monitors use a external PSU usually but plugging a standard "kettle lead" 3 prong power plug into it should suit fine,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

Is that like a laptop charger the way there is a box (I have no clue about electronics) like half way down the cable?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

TheFlidKid wrote: »
    Is that like a laptop charger the way there is a box (I have no clue about electronics) like half way down the cable?

Yep pretty much, it may use a kettle lead or some other type of connector, but you should be able to buy a 3 pin one in a computer shop, better than messing with adaptors

Nick

Thanks a million Nick I've been looking at converter all morning trying to figure something out but that helped a lot, thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I had a look a the manual for that monitor. Here's a screenshot of the power lead options. If it comes with the lead on the left then as Nick pointed out you can just get a three-pin kettle lead and plug it in the block. If it comes with the one on the right you'd need an adaptor alright.

260313.png

• Advertisement

Hopefully it comes with the one on the left, i think the adapters are only 4 quid in powercity anyway. Thanks mordeith :)

Advertisement