Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you support the reintroduction of the death penalty?

1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Jumboman wrote: »
    How did he provoke him ?

He was in this case.

Then you would of ended of being killed.

So anytime somebody is cleared in court of murder its because of a sob story ?

So its one law for black people and another for white people ?
    zimmerman and innocent will never go together, he's a nasty vicious piece of work who hopefully one day will be locked away from society, and i can get people off me without having to shoot or stab them thanks

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

he didn't fight back, he snapped and killed a man all right, and now he's where he belongs with all the other common crooks and criminals

He should have been given a medal for his public service. One less child rapist off the streets means less victims.

zimmerman and innocent will never go together, he's a nasty vicious piece of work who hopefully one day will be locked away from society, and i can get people off me without having to shoot or stab them thanks

How would you get someone off you whos a lot bigger than you are and is pounding your head against the ground ? Its a miracle Mr Zimmerman was not killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Heres what I'm talking about a sex abuse victim fights back against his abuser and he gets convicted of the manslaughter.

The guy should of been given a medal. Its political correctness gone mad.

We should not jail the victims of sex abuse. If Mr McGovern had of done what he did in America he probably would of been cleared of any wrong doing.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1015/341720-brendan-mcgovern-court/

I know exactly what you're talkign about. The problem is that YOU don't know what you're talking about and you have no idea what my stance is because you don't read anything I write. I don't even know why you keep quoting my posts.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I know exactly what you're talkign about. The problem is that YOU don't know what you're talking about and you have no idea what my stance is because you don't read anything I write. I don't even know why you keep quoting my posts.

Whats your stance on Mr McGovern should he have been jailed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Whats your stance on Mr McGovern should he have been jailed ?

I made my point, you never presented any contra-argument.

Again - why am I being quoted? You are either unable to argue the points i make or have no interest on doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

I made my point, you never presented any contra-argument.

Again - why am I being quoted? You are either unable to argue the points i make or have no interest in doing so.

I did on several occasions without any valid counter. It seems your so consumed with my argument you fail to provide your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 BarryBrack1

It's been proven that even short term solitary will make people insane, meaning which, they no longer feel the "loss". They just become totally crazy/insensible. Not really the way to go with things either.

Solitary is cruel and unusual punishment. It's terrible. Death is barbaric.

Can we just not make our mandatory life sentences have a minimum of 20 years in this country? Makes me sick the likes of o'reilly could be out in bout ten years after the cold way he liked his wife.

I did on several occasions without any valid counter. It seems your so consumed with my argument you fail to provide your own.

You've posted twice since I made the point. Neither post quoted my post and one of them was in responce to someone else, so either you don't know the meaning of "several times" are you have even less of an idea of the point I made than Jumboman does.

There's one of two things here: either you're both quoting random posts or it's because I'm just the only idiot who responds. One way or the other, neither of you has any idea what my objections are and until you do there's no point in argueing with me.

Can you PM me when you post something by way of a specific rebuttal to a specific argument in relation to the death pemalty I made?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Can we just not make our mandatory life sentences have a minimum of 20 years in this country? Makes me sick the likes of o'reilly could be out in bout ten years after the cold way he liked his wife.

In fairness, life should be life in my opinion. With only the possibility of parole after x number of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

No, I don't believe in the killing of any animals, human or not, so I don't think I need to go into it any more. Some people would consider that extreme, for me killing is extreme! death penalty is not the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

You've posted twice since I made the point. Neither post quoted my post and one of them was in responce to someone else, so either you don't know the meaning of "several times" are you have even less of an idea of the point I made than Jumboman does.

There's one of two things here: either you're both quoting random posts or it's because I'm just the only idiot who responds. One way or the other, neither of you has any idea what my objections are and until you do there's no point in argueing with me.

Can you PM me when you post something by way of a specific rebuttal to a specific argument in relation to the death pemalty I made?

Backtracking again i see. Again you put the emphasis on me without any reference to your own posts. Looking back though yor posts you continously expose other posters without providing your own opinion. PM me when you provide a decent argument .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

This sex beast murderer has now been unleashed into the community.

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/with-wife-who-denies-she-s-taking-him-back

Would anyone want to live beside him ?

The human rights brigade who defend these animals should be made to live beside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

The human rights brigade who defend these animals should be made to live beside them.

Who is this "human rights brigade"? Who is defending him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

This sex beast murderer has now been unleashed into the community.

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/with-wife-who-denies-she-s-taking-him-back

Would anyone want to live beside him ?

Hahaha do you write for rags such as this?

Your words are so sensationalist.

I honestly wouldn't give a toss if he lived beside me.

Holsten wrote: »
    Hahaha do you write for rags such as this?

Your words are so sensationalist.

I honestly wouldn't give a toss if he lived beside me.

How is it sensationalist ? I'm just telling it like it is.

This case highlights why we need the death penalty.

A serial sex beast who was convicted of rape on 4 separate occasions is now prowling the streets of dublin.

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/sex-beast-returns-to-old-hunting-ground
    ‘’The female population of the country has to be protected from him,” said Judge Frank O’Donnell.
    Why are we keeping this animal alive ? he should be put down.

This case highlights why we need the death penalty.

A serial sex beast who was convicted of rape on 4 separate occasions is now prowling the streets of dublin.

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/sex-beast-returns-to-old-hunting-ground

Why are we keeping this animal alive ? he should be put down.

Its only a matter of time before he rapes again.

Whats crazy about Ireland is that if somebody was to shoot him in order to protect the public they would end up in court thats how politically correct the country is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Its only a matter of time before he rapes again.

Whats crazy about Ireland is that if somebody was to shoot him in order to product the public they would end up in court thats how politically correct the country is.

In court for murdering someone ? Political correctness gone mad it is !

• Advertisement

Political correctness gone mad it is !

Your right it is. We let these rapists run around the place without a care in the world.

Advertisement