Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in the Fitness Industry ?

Options
  • 28-06-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hey all, I got qualified as a fitness instructor and Personal Trainer a few months ago and have been finding it impossible to get work in Dublin. I'v wanted to go to Australia for ages now but was nervous about going over without any work experience in my chosen area. All my qualifications are recognised internationally, including in Aus. Does anyone know if I'd have much chance getting hired over there? I'd like to work in any of the big cities really. I'm 25 and have a degree in Arts from UCD. I'd be looking to head over at the end of August. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

My cousin got qualifed as a pt over there, started working in a gym straight away and it's going well for him at the moment.

There is a big fitness industry over there but you still have to work hard as you will more than likely be self employed and your gym fee's can be expensive.

Alot of gyms will have programmes where a more experienced trainer will take on a new trainer and pay some of his fees and help them get clients but you'd be paying that trainer a certain amount from each training session aswel.

The reality is that most people that get qualifed dont last very long in the industry and there is never a short supply of new trainers getting qualifed to fill in for the guys/girls that leave the industry.

So with that said health clubs are usually happy enough to take inexperienced trainers on because they'll still make money of you while you try and build a client base and even if you leave in a few months because your losing money there will be someone new to take your place

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Good money in personal training if your any good! My PT would charge $70 for a 45 minute session. Some days he would have 10+ clients.. so he was doing alright!

Advertisement