Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Metro

Options
  • 28-06-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey what do people think of the new Limerick underground train line planned?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

First I've heard of it! Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Edmond_Dantes

will that be the first underground in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

MONORAIL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I saw a fella digging a hole in a field out by Patrickswell....is that the start of it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Any links op? We've been taking about monorails on here for years but this is the first time I've heard about a metro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Never heard of it and unlikely to happen. The critical population size isn't there. A sharp, well organised bus system like Dublin Bus on a smaller scale would be much better suited and would benefit the city greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭sleepyman

Would help if there was a proper bus service.Found out here that the Coonagh Bus is gone.At least they've put up those electronic boards telling you when the next bus is due.A station for park & ride near the Parkway might be a good idea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beer Baron wrote: »
    MONORAIL!

I hear those things are awfully loud!

It glides as softly as a cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

shaaane wrote: »
    It glides as softly as a cloud

Is there a chance the track could bend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Limerick needs rail about as badly as an arab needs a bag of sand.

source wrote: »
    Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life, my Hindu friend!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

What about us brain-dead slobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Still not funny !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Hey what do people think of the new Limerick underground train line planned?

its for cattle though right?

kilburn wrote: »
    Still not funny !

Boooooo!
    Any sign of a link to this metro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

i'm sure if there was something like this planned it would be on 95FM and or Limerick Leader/Chronicle/Post.

I've heard or read nothing so...

And the all seeing google has nowt as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Even if LK needed a rail, the Ir govt wouldn't put a penny into the area. It's all dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

We already have a rail line that runs through Weston, Crescent, Fr Russel Road, Dock Road and another that goes through Ballysimon, Dublin Road, Killely, Moyross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You could reestablish the rail line to foynes to accommodate the new coal depot place which I grant you is way off.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    You could reestablish the rail line to foynes to accommodate the new coal depot place which I grant you is way off.

Would be good for the port, but IIRC, the port co would start with better road quality from the N69 to the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

I thought they were restarting production of these
    Metro-1_1709578c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

What about us brain-dead slobs?

You'll be given cushy jobs. Sorry!

search?q=lyle+lanley&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=wO3NUfD5NtLX7Abj3IDYCA&sqi=2&ved=0CEEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=685#facrc=_&imgrc=dcedBg7MDfHq_M%3A%3BlUvL-JdN2dARLM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ftechnoccult.net%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2010%252F12%252FLyle-Lanley.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ftechnoccult.net%252Farchives%252F2010%252F12%252F31%252Frichard-florida-lyle-lanley%252F%3B658%3B658

Advertisement