Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilrane St Helens Bay

Options
  • 28-06-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Looking for some info on Kilrane. Group of guys (approx 30) mid 30s to late 50s playing golf in St Helens Bay. Staying over. What is Kilrane like? Many pubs? It has been suggested that we may be better in Wexford. But the group would get split in a big town like Wexford.

any info much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

A while since I was there, but my recollection is: There are 2 pubs in Kilrane Village, however a crowd of 30 people would fill them up almost instantly!! There's also two hotels that have bars in them in Rosslare Hbr just down the road as well as the bar at the golf course itself, so you would have a bit of a choice there... I think Culletons was the name of the bar down in Kilrane that I frequented when there last, pretty decent spot.... Though in my opinion, you would be far better off heading in to Wexford town, much wider selection of restaurants & pubs there to while away your time after the day of golfing....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Go into wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

the golf club does accommodation as well.

kilrane is reasonably nice but for hotels you would be best off staying in the harbor.

hotel rosslare is the bigger hotel, but the harbor view is nice too.

rosslare strand has more hotels but its miles away from the golf club.

Advertisement