Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hailo is in Cork

Options
  • 28-06-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

The already famous Taxi booking app is now up and running in Cork. If you have downloaded the app and enter the following code WFUNM you will revieve €5 off your first fare. .... sweet

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

corkonion wrote: »
    The already famous Taxi booking app is now up and running in Cork. If you have downloaded the app and enter the following code WFUNM you will revieve €5 off your first fare. .... sweet

I downloaded the app yesterday after seeing a taxi with Hailo on its plates and the app told me it wasn't available in my area :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looks too be a great app

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

Faith wrote: »
    I downloaded the app yesterday after seeing a taxi with Hailo on its plates and the app told me it wasn't available in my area :confused:

Try it today. ... it is live now

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciaran1

Faith wrote: »

He may not have been working or maybe on his way to pick up a fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

And as of now there are precisely 3 Hailo cabs signed in.... all three parked at the airport. :(

Hailo is a brilliant service though, hopefully it will get more popular as time goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

€10 off first fare

Get €10 off your first fare!
    To celebrate, we are offering free taxi fares for Corkonians on the weekend of July 5th. All first time users of Hailo in Cork can get €10 off their first fare.
    Just download Hailo on your iPhone or Android, register an account with a credit or debit card, and add the promocode CORK01 to your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Brill, I've used this in London and found it very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

If I still had a social life this would be a great service!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

Just had a look at the website. Hailo is available in 11 cities worldwide. London, Barcelona, Madrid, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, New York, Washington, and Tokyo. What are Cork and Dublin doing there? :D Also says there are over 200 Cork taxi drivers on their network so far. I'm assuming there are plenty of conditions attached to joining their network so it's sure to raise the standard of taxis in Cork as well as the obvious advantages for users.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Not too sure it is needed in Cork really. So many taxis around that I never had trouble finding one within a few minutes

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

That's fine in the city, but not if you're out in the burbs. I checked it out yesterday for the mothers house and there was a cab just 1 street away, albeit out of sight. By the time I'd've got through on the phone it would have been further away, and that's assuming I got the right company. I won't have much use of it where I live, but it'll be staying on my phone for occasional use. Great setup, long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Satellite Cabs also have a very good app with live tracking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I wouldnt give Satellite Cabs a cent if at all possible having met the owner of the company.

Satellite Cabs also have a very good app with live tracking.

Satellite are thiefs!call out charges.extra person charges! We're in resession! A normal 5-6 euro fare from our house too town costs 9-10 with satellite!!

gimmick wrote: »
    I wouldnt give Satellite Cabs a cent if at all possible having met the owner of the company.

Do tell more!

Not getting into it as it would certainly be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Would like to hear more on Satelite problems, have been regularly using them for a year, butI wouldn't like to give them business if its undeserved

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciaran1

Would like to hear more on Satelite problems, have been regularly using them for a year, butI wouldn't like to give them business if its undeserved

Next time you get a taxi in Cork.
    Just ask the driver whats the story with the owner of satellite and he will tell you.

Better again, say you heard that the owner is sound :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I was in cork a month ago and i am full sure my friend got me a cab through Hailo. I remember the driver gave me 2 euro off cause it was booked with Hailo. Was it around for a while and only launched now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

EyeSight wrote: »
    I was in cork a month ago and i am full sure my friend got me a cab through Hailo. I remember the driver gave me 2 euro off cause it was booked with Hailo. Was it around for a while and only launched now?
    Yes they had a people signed up to it, and made sure all was running smoothly before doing an official launch

Gave this a go the other day. Meh really. The driver didn't know how to use the whole HAILO thing, so he ended up ringing me looking for directions, therfore defeating the entire purpose of the operation. But I will cut him some slack in that he was brand new to the job and in his 60s.

I'd say once the kinks are ironed out it will be great. Major plus is not having to ring a base and here "ondwaaaaaay" or "teminuuuuuuuuuutes".

Used it last sat night night outside mayfield GAA at 2 am. Taxi was there in minutes. Will be a handy app in my opinion

And the code WFUNM will still give you a €5 off your first fare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭riaganach

Happ New Year to Y'all.

I don't get out in town much so I haven't used Hailo before. Tried it last night.

Great service.

Standing in the pi$$ing rain at midnight on the Coal Quay.

Downloaded the app in 30 seconds.
    Put in email address and mobile number in 30 seconds (they send a verification code).

Clicked 'pick me up'...

20 seconds later got a call from Jerry the taxi driver, to check where we were. Took another minute for him to arrive.... And we were on our way.

Receipt emailed afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Tried the app yesterday evening and the taxi arrived in 4minutes ... not bad at all.

That voucher code 5 euro off (first time booking), would it work even with the second booking? Anybody tried it?

yes WFUNM is still an active €5 discount/credit code and is available when you first pay by debit or credit card (even if you booked before and paid with cash),. so if you're fare is €8... it only costs you €3....sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Just before Xmas we needed to get a cab to go out for dinner. As the restaurant was quite busy we needed the taxi to be on time. I called at 1pm to make the booking. I called at 5pm to confirm. As this taxi company let us down the time before I was getting a little nervous as the time approached so I rang them at the booked time (7:30pm) only to be told "2 mins..he's just around the corner). We waited until 7:50 when I had had enough. had downloaded Hailo previously and registered etc but never used it. With nothing to lose I tried it and it was fantastic. As well as seeing where exactly the taxi available was, up popped his photo. Once I confirmed the order the driver called me to confirm in person. After that I could see him in realtime driving towards me on the map! It was cool. In the meantime the taxi from my local taxi company showed up and I politely told him that this being the 2nd time in a row they had let me down I had to go elsewhere. I think Hailo could be a Godsend for ladies travelling alone - the driver is registered as it the journey. Overall I would give this 10/10 and is my go-to way to get a taxi from now on.

Advertisement