Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible mobo failure? Need help please.

• 28-06-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

So my rig has been working fine and sound for a long time, no problem at all.

But this morning when I woke up only to find it faulty.

I left the computer on last night, just locked it before sleeping. When I woke up to unlock it, I found out that there are nothing displaying on the monitors, no response from the USB devices (also seems like there are no powers to them too).

When I turn it on everything runs as if everything is fine, and I don't think its's my graphics cards fault.

I have tried resetting the CMOS, but nothing happens.

When I press the power button to turn it off it doesn't work, I have to hold the power button, which says it's not booting into Windows (correct me if I'm wrong).

So can someone help me please, am I wrong about the mobo?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

kingbob387 wrote: »
    So my rig has been working fine and sound for a long time, no problem at all.

But this morning when I woke up only to find it faulty.

I left the computer on last night, just locked it before sleeping. When I woke up to unlock it, I found out that there are nothing displaying on the monitors, no response from the USB devices (also seems like there are no powers to them too).

When I turn it on everything runs as if everything is fine, and I don't think its's my graphics cards fault.

I have tried resetting the CMOS, but nothing happens.

When I press the power button to turn it off it doesn't work, I have to hold the power button, which says it's not booting into Windows (correct me if I'm wrong).

So can someone help me please, am I wrong about the mobo?

Tried re-seating the RAM? Could be that simple. Also dust out your pc with a can of compressed air if you have it

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Ok, thanks for the advice, I removed one ram and it booted, I re-inserted the ram and it won't boot, then I removed it again and it won't boot now.

I've tried to boot it with one ram at a time, but it just won't boot, why is that?

Edit:

Nvm, I got it booting on different slots, I'll keep trying with different combination of rams and see what happens, thanks again.

Edit 2:

I got it booting with 3 of my rams, seems like one of them just gave up and stopped working.

Thanks for the advice Nick, appreciate it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

No probs :) . RAM can go faulty, to fully confirm this there is an excellent tool called Memtest86+ which you can boot off a CD and check each stick individually (test with one of each sticks in at different times). If any sticks show errors then the stick or possibly slot is bad. If the bad stick is under warranty, return it :) .

Nick

Advertisement