Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bbs dropping after half a meter and I got a 7.2v battery with my aug?

Options
  • 28-06-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I've charged the battery for like 3 to 5 hours its a 7.2v 600mah battery and also everyone else gets a 8.4v battery with their aug and the manual even says its an 8.4v. When it's charged I put it in everything's fine I put my mag in press the trigger can't really go fully auto with the mag in!!! And even if I do fire it it just drops no fully auto really and when I take the mag out there's a load of bbs and I even find them in the gearbox could it be jammed? Charger is *#%+ ? Mag is f*#% ? Help!!! Au-1g jing gong airsoft assault rifle
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

There are bb's in the gearbox? Or just around it? Have you opened the gearbox itself to check for an air leak? Does the motor/piston sound laboured when it's firing? Does the piston cycle time seem very long?

Taking out a loaded mag will always drop a couple of rounds loose. When the magazine locks in, it mates with the hop unit, and pushes back the sprung latch holding the rounds in the mag itself. This releases 3-4 rounds into the hop feeder. When you take out the mag, there's nothing to hold them in place, so they simply fall out. Totally normal.
    In bodies with a lot of internal space (especially in bullpups) you might get a round hopping into the body itself if you take the mag out with the rifle at and angle, or inverted. They'll produce an annoying rattle, but won't actually do any harm.

The 7.4V battery is probably a LiPo. A LiPo battery of that voltage usually has about the same performance as an 8.4V NiCd or NiMH. Again, nothing to worry about (I'm assuming it's an A3 model? JG shipped a lot of A3's with LiPo's instead of traditional NiCd's, because they're nice people like that).

Your problem sounds like an air leak, from what you've described. Could be a broken or dry seal on the piston, or a loose air nozzle. It's hard to be sure without opening the box. It could also be a partially stripped piston, but that's less likely on a new gun.
    Seals are an easy and quick replacement. Ditto on the air nozzle. Both will require opening the box, though, so if you're unsure of what you're doing, your choices are to be brave and methodical when you try to fix it, or bring it to a retailer and have them take a look at it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

How old is the gun?

What BB's are you using?

A 7.2v 600 mAh battery is pretty poor, and normall comes with LPEG (low-powered electric guns), such as the BOYII series of guns. They don't really have the power to cycle higher grade guns, and so as such you should hear a very laboured firing from the gun (if it even cycles at all).

Try it out with a different battery, and different BB's and see how you get on.

Advertisement