Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Engineering Apprenticeship 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭John.

Thanks Airborne

Anyone else stuck at the account registration page? the captcha wont load up.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dercu

Think it opens on Sunday or Monday. Advertised in tomorrow's paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Do these apprenticeships tend to go to younger people or do they take all ages? Also would having previous engineering education make it any easier or quicker to get through the programme? Ie. graduate engineer ( mechanical and manufacturing)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oreilly94

Do these apprenticeships tend to go to younger people or do they take all ages? Also would having previous engineering education make it any easier or quicker to get through the programme? Ie. graduate engineer ( mechanical and manufacturing)
    Well I'm sure they'd look at people that have experience like mechanics and of course people with engineering degrees but it mostly comes down to how u do in Their aptitude test and interview as everyone would be starting off at the same stage and progressing at the same pace it wouldn't matter much

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

oreilly94 wrote: »
    Well I'm sure they'd look at people that have experience like mechanics and of course people with engineering degrees but it mostly comes down to how u do in Their aptitude test and interview as everyone would be starting off at the same stage and progressing at the same pace it wouldn't matter much

It's surprising how much an effect who ya know in Aer lingus influences who they pick for these. Not all the people selected know someone in Aer lingus though but a few are every year.

I know in the application for A licence jobs a few months ago one of the questions was are you Related to anyone that works for Aer lingus and that people from Dublin Aerospace had Interviews for the job vacancies before it was even Advertised.

• Advertisement

Katunga wrote: »
    It's surprising how much an effect who ya know in Aer lingus influences who they pick for these. Not all the people selected know someone in Aer lingus though but a few are every year.

I know in the application for A licence jobs a few months ago one of the questions was are you Related to anyone that works for Aer lingus and that people from Dublin Aerospace had Interviews for the job vacancies before it was even Advertised.
    Doesn't surprise me being honest sure aerlingus is basically made up of family's and relations

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

Katunga wrote: »

That was also on the pilot cadet program application, they're required under the law to ask questions like that, as well as what gender you are, age, race, orientation, religion, transgender etc.

They don't actually see that info though, that's sent away to the commission in charge of equal employment opportunities, then at the end they tell the commission the people they hired, the commission will then compare those people selected versus their criteria to make sure there's a good spread.

IE not all men, if 80% of applicants who applied were men, then they'd expect something roughly in line with that to be selected.
    Or in this case, if 10% of applicants were related to those in Aer Lingus, they'd expect roughly 10% of those who get the job to be related, roughly.
    If 20% of applicants come from the UK, they'd expect roughly 20% of those hired to be British etc.

Aer Lingus themselves, as well as anyone else I've applied to that are required to ask those questions, don't actually get to see the answers, ever, not even if they select you. They're required by law to ask those questions. If when the commission looks at the data at the end and sees that even though only 10% of those who applied were related to workers in Aer Lingus, 70% of those taken on were related, then EI will get called out on that and receive a fine. So that should put a rest to any of you think that that's one of their "Desirable Criteria."

It seems the application is a bit different this year. Last year after filling out the application form you could do the online tests straight after. This year in the email it says that they "screen" all applications before the next stage.

... unless i missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FR85

Has any one done the tests? What can I expect? I'm going to hold off on doing it as the computer in work is a donkey, going to bring in my laptop tomorrow.

FR85 wrote: »
    Has any one done the tests? What can I expect? I'm going to hold off on doing it as the computer in work is a donkey, going to bring in my laptop tomorrow.

just finished it. same as any test really. some bits hard, some bits ok!

only one of the tests tells you if you get the answer right or not.

• Advertisement

Thanks John, going to tackle it tomorrow, I must remember to grab a box of fags and chewing gum!!! :)

Best of luck to all doing it!

John. wrote: »
    just finished it. same as any test really. some bits hard, some bits ok!

only one of the tests tells you if you get the answer right or not.

That test kept going red for me, I'd say I got about four of them right!!

FR85 wrote: »
    That test kept going red for me, I'd say I got about four of them right!!

Ye I messed up on the maths seeing as I forgot a calculator ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arsenalia14

Hi guys does anyone know how best to approach the online apprenticeship test for aer lingus?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Hi guys does anyone know how best to approach the online apprenticeship test for aer lingus?

Read the questions and instructions carefully and dont start until you fully understand the examples,dont panic and remember you dont have to answer every last question for the sake of it or get everything right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Taxi Man

If anyone has done test I would appreciate it if you could let me know what was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 paddy138

Anyone get called up for an interview yet

paddy138 wrote: »
    Anyone get called up for an interview yet

I've not heard back as of yet young man.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Got an email from them asking for Junior + Leaving Certificate results, any additional Educational Qualifications including level/grade and Eligibility to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.

I got this email 3 days ago and it asked you to send them this info that same day but I'm only seeing it now.

Hopefully its not too late but do they want a scan of these documents emailed to them? Anyone else receive this email?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I got that email as well. I just provided them with the information and told them that if they wanted scans that I could send them in, haven't heard anything since and that was a week ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SirFlancelot

I got the email. and scanned in the info. got call the other day for an interview

going for an interview tomorrow, anyone any tips on what to prepare for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flyhigh26

Did they call you or send you an email to let you know?

flyhigh26 wrote: »
    Did they call you or send you an email to let you know?

called me, and then sent a confirmation email. as im meant to be away tomorrow i asked could i change to a later date he told me the last day of interviews is tomorrow!

theres a practical dexterity test 2moro, anyone have any experience with this test? what they're usually like

I got none of this! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 paddy138

havnt heard a thing yet, have to apply again next year, best of luck to anybody who gets true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I heard back nothing either, I done the aptitude test andwas very happy with it and honestly felt like I got between 80 and 90% of it right. I have a decent background in engineering and electrics so I thought I would have at least got an interview but how and ever I'll be staying where I am for another while

Anybody do the cityjet tests?

John. wrote: »
    Anybody do the cityjet tests?

Not yet I will probably tomorrow or Monday , have u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Whelanator

has anybody heard anything since the interviews?

Advertisement