Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 scammer in Donegal

Options
  • 28-06-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Just want to warn everyone to be careful when buying PS3s or indeed any consoles online as their is a young lad selling them in Donegal advertised as fully working and when you get them home they are basically useless and have some (in my case nearly all) parts inside stripped from them.

Yes i was very naiive and over-trusting to be caught out in the scam but managed to find someone else it happened to, and between us both we managed to track the lad down, let his family know what he was up to .. and get a refund!

Ive known this to happen to two other people now and i think it would be useful to just let it be known that this is/was going on .. im not going to mention any personal details on here.. but if anyone has had this happen to them (or anyone they know) they should PM me on here & ill do all i can do to help them get a refund as well!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Just want to throw up a quick note, this is not a witch hunt and this is not the place to name names. Consider the post more of a public service announcement and thanks oranbhoy for bringing it to peoples attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Where are they for sale online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Neeson wrote: »
    Where are they for sale online?

the two sites i saw them on were the dealer and donedeal.. i havent saw any for sale since last week since we traced him so hopefully he has copped on!

im just trying to get this out there so that anyone else that has been scammed can go about getting their refund as only today i was contacted by pure luck by someone else who was scammed by the same boy and has spent the last few weeks trying to trace him, so ive been able to point him in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is it not a bit naive not to ask to see it working first?

Surely with any elecctrical item that should be the 1st thing you'd do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

NIMAN wrote: »

ya...........

but they can also have problems like ylod that mightn't show up

same with xbox

you could still get caught out anywyaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I was one of the people caught by this and found oranbhoy by chance a couple of days ago and i hopefully will get a refund,

I was too trusting and made a foolish mistake, hopefully there was no1 else caught, but great thread to make people aware that this can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

NIMAN wrote: »

It was off course very naiive of me as i said in the original post, i buy and sell often online and am usually as vigilante as can be , but this lad caught me unawares.. its certainly a mistake i have learned from and i wont be as trusting in the future when dealing with private sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    am usually as vigilante as can be

Freudian slip?

Lol

Advertisement