Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live if working out in Ballyragget?

Options
  • 28-06-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,

Just got a graduate job out at Ballyragget, not sure where to live but I assume living near the city is the best option? I don't know anyone in Kilkenny or anyone else in the same position as myself.

Only been in Kilkenny once or twice and that was for the interview. Thoughts and advice? Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

stamjoe wrote: »
    Hi,

Just got a graduate job out at Ballyragget, not sure where to live but I assume living near the city is the best option? I don't know anyone in Kilkenny or anyone else in the same position as myself.

Only been in Kilkenny once or twice and that was for the interview. Thoughts and advice? Thanks!

I don't know north kilkenny too well but i know kilkenny city is one of the liveliest towns in the country and not too far from ballyragget. I live near waterford city and much prefer to travel to kilkenny. Easier to make friends there too. Im guessing you got a new job in glanbia. Congratulations.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Try find somewhere around the Castlecomer Road or Freshford road side of the city and it'll be a short drive in the morning.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Not in ballyragget anyway!!

Try Ashfield, Ashfield East, The Orchard, the Fairways. All on the ballyragget side of Kilkenny city. The ring road is beside these estates so travelling to and from ballyragget would be easy. I lived in Ashfield east a few years ago, very nice area.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Also not to be smart, but don't live in Ballyragget.

The Ballyragget side of Kilkenny city throws up a lot of good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Do you have a car? If you have a car then live where ever you want in the city.
    If you don't have a car and are planning on getting lifts then it would be handy to be on that side of town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 oky

Along with the rest of the posters here I would recommend living in Kilkenny city and commuting out to Ballyragget. It's not too far in the mornings with the worst traffic being a slow truck or car ahead of you. Also the social life and ability to meet new people will be far easier in the city itself.
    Staying on the Ballyragget side of the city could reduce the commute by 5-10 mins but anywhere is fairly accessible-it's not as though Kilkenny is too big! Nice estates include Ashfield, Clongowan, Rosehill etc. If you're starting with other graduates it might be worth hanging on for a bit to see if they are looking for someone to share with as well, since the majority of people will be in a similar situation to yourself.
    Best of luck with the new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Thanks for the advice all, yeah I'll be driving so not too worried about commuting, though have a performance petrol car so would be handy to minimise the distance travelled a bit. Might hang on to see if I can meet other graduates in the same situation as myself! Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Don't live in Ballyragget, aim to be in the city, Castle Comer road area has LOTs of housing estates, and places to rent, and easy to fly out to Ballyragget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Don't live in Ballyregret.

The Weir. Richview, Meadow Way, Ashfield, New Orchard, The Pococke, BeechLawns. The Fairways, Lintown are all on Ballyragget side of town or with access to the ring rd which will bring you quickly on to the Castlecomer/Ballyragget Rd. The Freshford Rd side of town would suit either as you can access the Ballyragget Rd from Threecastles and the estates at that side would be The Sycamores, The Grange, Riverside Drive, Parkview. Morning traffic in Kilkenny during school terms can be manic so I'd suggest you'd be better to stick to one of the above areas with a quick exit to your route. Good luck - Glanbia is a great company to be with. Hope you settle in and make good friends in KK:)!
    PS check out Google maps to get your bearings on the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Formosa

inthehat wrote: »
    The Weir. Richview, Meadow Way, Ashfield, New Orchard, The Pococke, BeechLawns. The Fairways, Lintown are all on Ballyragget side of town or with access to the ring rd which will bring you quickly on to the Castlecomer/Ballyragget Rd. The Freshford Rd side of town would suit either as you can access the Ballyragget Rd from Threecastles and the estates at that side would be The Sycamores, The Grange, The Meadows, Parkview. Morning traffic in Kilkenny during school terms can be manic so I'd suggest you'd be better to stick to one of the above areas with a quick exit to your route. Good luck - Glanbia is a great company to be with. Hope you settle in and make good friends in KK:)!
    PS check out Google maps to get your bearings on the city.

Where is The Meadows?

Formosa wrote: »
    Where is The Meadows?
    Sorry my mistake,- it's Riverside Drive! All that area used to be called The Meadows before the houses were built there so I'm going back a long way:). "Down the Meadows" was a favourite walk along by the river for couples looking for a romantic walk/snog:D
    Have fixed it now.

Advertisement