Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a PS3

Options
  • 28-06-2013 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭

Girlfriend just got me a PS3 with TLoU.
    Sound!

Recommend me some gents please. Ive all the fps worthy of mention for the PC so in looking for something interesting.

Im thinking TLoU will be having my interest for a good while.

Also anywhere to get a discounted
    PS+ sub?

No doubt I'll be adding a few of ye on
    psn soon

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

PS+ First!!!

Uncharted I,II,III
    Journey
    Ni No Kuni
    Demon's Souls
    God of War HD + GOW III
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Ratchet: A Crack in Time
    MGS HD
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Ico
    Little Big Planet
    Infamous I&II
    Heavy Rain

They're all PlayStation exclusives and they are all amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Get ps+ before you do anything. Then:

uncharted 1,2,3.
    Catherine
    Starhawk
    Infamous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ah nice one lads, anywhere to pick up Ps+ fmitzvaher the 49.99? Ive read everywhere thats its great value but still a few quid off would be a nice bonus wouldn't ye agree?

Bursting to give it a good swing tonight! Used to play on house mates PS before and enjoyed it.

How is the second hand market looking? Cant see myself buying many non pre-owned games with Nov 13th looming.

Feckin hell im like a child before his bar mitzah!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ah nice one lads, anywhere to pick up Ps+ fmitzvaher the 49.99?

€50 is pretty much the going rate.
    Sometimes PS+ offers 15 months for the €50 and not too long ago shops had a year for €35.

If you register quickly(games change monthly - you can't get games you've missed) you will get the following for your €50: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/your-instant-game-collection/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME

Included in this is Uncharted 3, Demon's Souls and Catherine as meentioned before.

EDIT: Ico and SoTC are also there.

F1ngers wrote: »
    €50 is pretty much the going rate.
    Sometimes PS+ offers 15 months for the €50 and not too long ago shops had a year for €35.

If you register quickly(games change monthly - you can't get games you've missed) you will get the following for your €50: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/your-instant-game-collection/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME

Included in this is Uncharted 3, Demon's Souls and Catherine as meentioned before.

EDIT: Ico and SoTC are also there.
    That's some top quality titles, tell me this pal and tell me no more will I have those titles for the entirety of my psn subscriptions?

She got me the €177.99 12Gb version. Fantastic value considering I was looking at dropping €80 on a bluray player that does netflix.
    isn't it amazing what €200 can get you nowadays.

Gonna slip in a spare 1TB HDD tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

As far as we can tell once you keep your sub active anything you've "purchased" is yours.
    Even just add them to your basket and pause the download - that way tomorrow with your new 1Tb you are good to go..

Good choice on console and memory expansion...

Taltos wrote: »
    As far as we can tell once you keep your sub active anything you've "purchased" is yours.
    Good choice on console and memory expansion...

Awesome!

Anything to note when changing out HDD?

Check out Adverts for a 12GB HDD tomorrow afternoon lads, she's going cheap(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Heavy Rain is a must buy for PS3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Ah nice one lads, anywhere to pick up Ps+ fmitzvaher the 49.99? Ive read everywhere thats its great value but still a few quid off would be a nice bonus wouldn't ye agree?

Bursting to give it a good swing tonight! Used to play on house mates PS before and enjoyed it.
    How is the second hand market looking? Cant see myself buying many non pre-owned games with Nov 13th looming.

Feckin hell im like a child before his bar mitzah!

ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Christ I wish I got on PS+ sooner, only realizing how good a deal it is now. Might just get a 3 month subscription because for some god awful reason I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet.

As for games to get, all of the above really. I'd add in the Killzones aswell. TLoU, MGS4 and Uncharted 2 would be my top 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

That's some top quality titles, tell me this pal and tell me no more will I have those titles for the entirety of my psn subscriptions?

She got me the €177.99 12Gb version. Fantastic value considering I was looking at dropping €80 on a bluray player that does netflix.
    isn't it amazing what €200 can get you nowadays.

Gonna slip in a spare 1TB HDD tomorrow.

GF got you a PS4?...and she's OK not seeing you for days and smelly, hold onto the one lad! ;)

GF got you a PS4?...and she's OK not seeing you for days and smelly, hold onto the one lad! ;)

hahaha lol

She's an absolute diamond. I think she was feeling guilty as she's heading to Rod Stewart this weekend and Im on my own after having back surgery earlier in the week.

Would it be cheeky to ask her to drop down to Gamestop with a small shopping list before she heads up the motorway?
    He who dares wins eh!
    nah better not try that one

Im quite literally going to spend 6 to 8 weeks preparing for the PS4 and playing some PS3 titles I missed out on.
    Now If only I didnt walk like quasimodo

I forked out the €49.99 for PS+ and straight away loaded up on free games.

After the Lions game tomorrow and gonna jump into The Last Of Us

ALL.DAY.LONG

Yup - don't forget the bracket mentioned above. Have not done the switch on the 12G model, I swapped in a 1Tb replacing a 120G I think so no bracket was needed.

For me - I had to download the latest update onto a USB stick as when I first booted up I got a warning to install the OS or something else so make sure you have a USB stick - sorry I cannot remember exactly what it was but for me it was not just a straight swap. I also had the HDD formatted to the right standard - again can't remember - but check this link
    http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-upgrade-or-replace-your-ps3-hard-drive/

Check youtube too - always find the video guides useful.

Forgot to add - you have a truly AWESOME girlfriend. :)

Just to put this into context - when the PS2 was out I was humming and hawing about getting one. Eventually my wife said to me one day when I mentioned it again "did you not see the pressie I got you upstairs?" I ran up those stairs like the hounds of hell were after me - all excited, it wasn't even my birthday - searched the room and then she came in laughing. Basically got sick of me going on about it and decided to have some fun... Was mightily cheesed off so jumped in the car and drove straight to Smyth's to get the PS2 - didn't talk to her for the rest of the weekend - too busy playing, that's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Just to put this into context - when the PS2 was out I was humming and hawing about getting one. Eventually my wife said to me one day when I mentioned it again "did you not see the pressie I got you upstairs?" I ran up those stairs like the hounds of hell were after me - all excited, it wasn't even my birthday - searched the room and then she came in laughing. Basically got sick of me going on about it and decided to have some fun... Was mightily cheesed off so jumped in the car and drove straight to Smyth's to get the PS2 - didn't talk to her for the rest of the weekend - too busy playing, that's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Oh, that was evil!

I happy with my misses. She just lets me buy whatever I want as long as I am not going over board. Ps4 was not an issue, but I doubt she will be pleased with regretting Xbox one some time next year :)

Oh, that was evil!

Ah! Clearly you've met ;)

Ah! Clearly you've met ;)

I meant "that's evil", what she did to you. ;) I would do same thing as you did too lol.

Ya she's A1, on the way to Rod Stewart now so feck her anyways!!!

I can see why you are the mod of "Seperation and Divorce" :D

*Hope that wasn't innapropriate

• Advertisement

Got my mount for the TB HDD will be putting that in tonight. As I said last night I forked out of PS+ so Im good to go on that end.

Played the intro mission of The Last Of Us :/ Always gonna happen.

Picked up Uncharted 1+2, L.A. Noire(?) and Brutal Legend.

Im a huge Judas Priest fan so any game featuring the metal god is first in my shopping cart.

Quite surprised at how expensive the 2nd hand market is. I think Uncharted 1 was 15 or 17 quid. For a game that old sub 15 would be fair but I guess MW1 is still 25 quid new with some retailors

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Get ps+ before you do anything. Then:

uncharted 1,2,3.
    Catherine
    Starhawk
    Infamous

Are people still playing Starhawk online? Got it ages ago but never really got into it.

Advertisement