Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Bowie's Latest Single: The Next Day

Options
  • 28-06-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who thinks that David Bowie's current single (at the time of typing!) - The Next Day - is a brilliant piece of music? It is of course the title track from his current album. I think it's one of the better of the harder-sounding songs that he has come out with in some years.

I really liked Where Are We Now with its wistfulness and melancholy, but I think this current tune has a wonderful edgy sound to it. I wasn't too mad about The Stars Are Out Tonight - better than many other acts' songs but not good by Bowie standards.

What do other people think of this song?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

It's not as bad as the first song that he released, recently, on his return to the stage! - I thought that one was awful.

Overall, I don't believe that Bowie will ever release anything better than Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭allap

sounds like hes in an old peoples home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

allap wrote: »
    sounds like hes in an old peoples home

The initial comeback track? that all the hype was around..

did indeed sound like that, like an old person who'd had a stroke ambled up to a piano someone was playing not even recalling past glories because his memory had gone too - coy trick. People bought it too :pac: I think its an intentionally misleading comeback track that's supposed to be deleted from the album.

'The Next Day' probably sounds like its off lodger, which I'll leave to the bowie fans to because I've never even heard it :pac: Good track all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Why "You feel so lonely, you could die" hasn't been released as a single i'll never know.

In my opinion, its the best song on the album but a long shot.

Advertisement