Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday accommodation at Aughris head

Options
  • 28-06-2013 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

There's mobile homes at the beach bar, when I looked on their site the only accommodation listed is the b&b. Do they not own the mobile homes? Anyone now how or if they can be rented?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I'm pretty sure they are owned privately. maybe ring the Beach Bar to ask them if anyone willing to rent.

Very few sites do rental. Maybe try this one on Achill if you have no luck locally.

Name:Keel Sandybanks Caravan & Camping Park
    Address:Keel
    Town:Achill Island
    Contact Name:John Nestor
    Contact Phone:098 43211
    E-mail:info@achillcamping.com
    Number of Pitches:100
    Size:6 Hectares
    Open dates:28 March - 10 September

PS: The Irish Caravan Caravan and Camping says that the above has mobile homes/static caravans for hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I'm open to correction here, Hobbitfeet, but I think I heard that they'te privately owned and paying rent on the space.
    But that may be wrong!

Hi ya Sean. I am forever wanting to go camping at Aughris, but "she who must be obeyed" refuses point blank. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks will ring the beach bar and see. So where can you camp around there?

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Thanks will ring the beach bar and see. So where can you camp around there?

Sean, after you :D

• Advertisement

Ah thank you Kettleson! :D

Hobbitfeet, I'm not from there but I have sampled the beverage menu in the Beach Bar on occasion! ;)
    I'd say a phone call to the bar would be best advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Kettleson wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they are owned privately. maybe ring the Beach Bar to ask them if anyone willing to rent.

Very few sites do rental. Maybe try this one on Achill if you have no luck locally.

Name:Keel Sandybanks Caravan & Camping Park
    Address:Keel
    Town:Achill Island
    Contact Name:John Nestor
    Contact Phone:098 43211
    E-mail:info@achillcamping.com
    Number of Pitches:100
    Size:6 Hectares
    Open dates:28 March - 10 September

PS: The Irish Caravan Caravan and Camping says that the above has mobile homes/static caravans for hire.

But that place is over 70 miles from Aughris:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

if money is an issue , i find the student accomodation good over in sligo , we payed €200 for a week in a 3 bedroom last year and just went down to augris for the day.
    was great for a family holiday

Thanks just looking for a night or two in Aughris. Will camp instead :)

It really is a beautiful spot so let us know how you get on. Enjoy!

• Advertisement

With a bit of half-decent weather, no better a place to be. I think the Beach Bar has music on most nights during the summer as well.

I got a tent and I'm gonna use it :D.

But that place is over 70 miles from Aughris:confused:.

Indeed that's the thing Kris. Coastal campsites that rent out static caravans are literally few and far between.

Thanks for all the help. Wanted to stay in the mobile while my sons granny is visiting dont think she'd be up for camping but we'll go when she's gone back :)

The Beach Bar do a B&B as well. The camping is €10 per night per tent...cant wait for a few days off and a bit of decent weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

I'm aware of a holiday cottage that is often available for rent in the area.
    Located at the end of the beach in Aughris, 5mins stroll across the sand to The Beach Bar.
    It may suit your purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

Kettleson wrote: »
    Sean, after you :D

Have a house to rent in enniscrone if interested. New camp site opening in easkey this summer and campsite in enniscrone

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

Im looking for something for this weekend, 4 adults and 4 kids, can you let me know the name of the cottage and the price?

Advertisement