Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My ps3 slim won't turn on/ will sometimes.

Options
  • 28-06-2013 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

So today I come home with a new copy of red dead redemption goty. I try to turn on my ps3 and the green light comes on for a second and then it goes blank. After a while it actually came on and I popped in red dead and got probably half an hour into it before it shut off. Now 3 things keep happening.

1. It won't turn on at all (green light comes on then goes blank)
    2. The green light will stay on but there is no signal on the tv and I have to plug it out to switch it off.
    3. It will turn on but eventually will turn off again.

I did a fan test to make sure the fans were going and the ps3 wasn't overheating but they seem to be working. I tried to do a hard reset but it stalled and static came up on the screen.

I was thinking of taking it to gamestop tomorrow to see if they could do anything. Sadly I have had the ps3 for 2 years so it is out of warranty.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to get sony or a third party to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

have a machine with the same problem, i tried to change the psu but no luck so not sure, you can try to change out the psu its easy to do and might work but i would say its done, what model is it? if u live near donegal i can give u a psu to try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheOwl12

I'm nowhere near Donegal but thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Send Gamestop an email but say you got the PS3 within the last year, from what you remember. Basically, be kinda sketchy about the date you bought it. Say you think it was in the they year.

They should give you a refurb. That's what I did anyway, a few years ago now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

sounds like the YLOD. happened my old 80GB the exact same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

This thread may be of interest, PS3 and small claims court. These machines should not be packing in so quickly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement