Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donate account balances to charity

Options
  • 28-06-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Like many others I have had the notices of new charges recently. I am the signatory for a number of small accounts which are rarely used now. Rather than allow the bank to bleed them down to nothing, can I arrange to have the account balances donated to a local charity e.g. hospice. It would certainly be a better result.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Claggan wrote: »
    Like many others I have had the notices of new charges recently. I am the signatory for a number of small accounts which are rarely used now. Rather than allow the bank to bleed them down to nothing, can I arrange to have the account balances donated to a local charity e.g. hospice. It would certainly be a better result.....
    Im sure there are charities that can do with it, that dont take a large chunk for administration, something I would look into before I ever donated.
    Signatory? do you require the account holders authority?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Claggan

Thank you ... yes I will check out the charity first. And I am the authorised signatory on all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Claggan, 

Thanks for contacting us. 

If the accounts in question are personal current accounts, the new fee structure will apply on Aug 19th.
    Please note, this does not apply to business accounts or charitable accounts. 

Although you have signing authority on the accounts, we would advise checking with your branch to see if you have authority to close the accounts. You can see a full list of branch contact numbers here

When an account is closed, the branch can issue a bank draft or transfer the balance to another account, provided an account number and sort code is provided.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement