Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerky Gun

Options
  • 28-06-2013 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Howdy folks, does anybody have a jerky gun gathering dust? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get one without getting stiffed by postal charges? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I've a sealant gun hanging up in the shed and the tube is practicably empty, any use? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

you know, i was thinking about that. they're practically the same thing. The nozzle would be fine too, but then you have the issue of cleaning and re-loading the tube so that you have the back/bottom disc or plate in place. Thanks for the input though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

booom wrote: »
    Howdy folks, does anybody have a jerky gun gathering dust? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get one without getting stiffed by postal charges? Thanks in advance.

The other half reckons you should get an icing pen & plunger.
    Same principle just smaller.

Icing bag- excellent. Thanks for that and will get some results up when I get round to it.

ta daaah- finally. found this little number in aldi. found some seasoning recipies online (but will defo try out some exotic stuff ready made from cabelas or amazon). will need some fine tuning, but for now am thrilled with the results. this lot was made with minced beef. once i have the seasoning thing sorted ill take out some venison i have in the freezer.
    [IMG][/img]DSC_0355.jpg
    [IMG][/img]DSC_0357.jpg
    [IMG][/img]DSC_0358.jpg
    [IMG][/img]DSC_0359.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Interesting, I don't think I've seen minced jerky before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Is It Good Value When You Add In Electricity , 4 To 8 Hours Sounds Expensive? Or Is The Low Sering Not To Bad?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

i don't know the figures exactly. oven time is 4 hours at a low setting in an a-rated oven so i doubt its that much. in any case, if you buy a few packets of jack links or similar it'll cost you a fortune.

Advertisement