Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM transfers from international card

Options
  • 28-06-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much you're charged to withdraw from a Canadian atm using an Irish (TSB) bank card?

I'm trying to transfer money over from my Irish account to my Canadian one (President's Choice) but it's been rejected twice and cost me 180 euro! TSB are idiots as usual and don't seem to know what the problem is.

I'm starting to think now I'm better off just withdrawing the money from an ATM using my Irish card in large chunks and then lodging the cash into my Canadian bank myself but I'm just worried the charges to use the ATM will be extortionate!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

bopper wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much you're charged to withdraw from a Canadian atm using an Irish (TSB) bank card?

I'm trying to transfer money over from my Irish account to my Canadian one (President's Choice) but it's been rejected twice and cost me 180 euro! TSB are idiots as usual and don't seem to know what the problem is.

I'm starting to think now I'm better off just withdrawing the money from an ATM using my Irish card in large chunks and then lodging the cash into my Canadian bank myself but I'm just worried the charges to use the ATM will be extortionate!

I bank with First Trust in the North. I didn't transfer any money over, just keep using my card to withdraw money but im not getting charged for transactions and the rate it pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    I bank with First Trust in the North. I didn't transfer any money over, just keep using my card to withdraw money but im not getting charged for transactions and the rate it pretty good!

So you're withdrawing money from a Canadian ATM with an Irish bank card and not getting charged anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

bopper wrote: »
    So you're withdrawing money from a Canadian ATM with an Irish bank card and not getting charged anything??

Yup pretty much. Withdraw about $400 bucks then log into your Irish online banking to see if you were charged!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You'll get charged about $1.50 per transaction

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 likeyouI

they expect a jar of sperm

• Advertisement
Advertisement