Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Information needed

• 28-06-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I was wondering if anybody could help me,a relation of mine as been charged with a number of serious crimes,he has never had any other convictions,he is suffering from server depression,hearing voices in his head type thing,as tried to commit suicide,he has been to hosptial with his condition,since his bail he's obayd his conditions,and as started in a course which he attends every week,with all this is there any way he can escape going to prison,I understand he should be punshid,but don't feel prison is right route for him,he is just 19 and very ill,I know he won't be strong enough to get trough a stint in prison.can anyone give me information?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Annekelly wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if anybody could help me,a relation of mine as been charged with a number of serious crimes,he has never had any other convictions,he is suffering from server depression,hearing voices in his head type thing,as tried to commit suicide,he has been to hosptial with his condition,since his bail he's obayd his conditions,and as started in a course which he attends every week,with all this is there any way he can escape going to prison,I understand he should be punshid,but don't feel prison is right route for him,he is just 19 and very ill,I know he won't be strong enough to get trough a stint in prison.can anyone give me information?

Ensure he is speaking to a solicitor, I know of one in particular who is excellent with clients with mental issues. A solicitor will put forward any mental issues and these might be look at in mitigation. They may amount to a defense but it's unlikely, that said I've no idea of the specifics.

Even if he does go to prison there may be help for him there, such as it is. I'd suggest asking him if you can sit in with him during solicitor consultations and that proper legal advice is sought if it hasn't been already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Annekelly wrote: »

There is really nothing anyone can tell you without specific information, which should not be given here. You relation will have legal aid and is entitled to a solicitor and if necessary a barrister and if necessary a SC. legal aid may also be requested for medical reports if same are required. It is possible that the court may decided that prison is or is not a good option in this case. Your relatives legal team will put all the necessary information before the court. But no one except the judge will be able to say if he will go to prison or not. The more support you and the rest if the family can give the better, hopefully you relative will get the medical care he requires.

Advertisement