Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

artic load of timber

• 28-06-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hello folks just a quick question does an artic load of timber logs increase in volume when split of decrease

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

The volume will increase due to all the airgaps between the pieces of split fire logs.....therefore if you stack your firewood very tightly -the volume increase might not be that much, whereas a pile that has been 'loose thrown' might be around a 30 per cent increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 greenkeeper1

Thanks for the quick reply I have a lad to process it for me 300 euro for 30m3 so was just wondering what type of profit was on it and the load cost 1700

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

I doubt that there is much profit to be made AFTER you have paid yourself a reasonable daily wage to load processor, stack into drying shed, bag and deliver - plus fuel etc..
    Best o'luck .

is doin the work not your "wage" to make a profit.i never heard of anyone making money for notting.get your point about fuel alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

How would this compare to your load
    Would it be half
    What s it worth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Thanks for the quick reply I have a lad to process it for me 300 euro for 30m3 so was just wondering what type of profit was on it and the load cost 1700

hi what sort of timber is it for 1700 per load.
    i've heard loads here being bought for 1200

Anyone have a rough idea how many net bags comes off an artic load if timber or is that like asking how long is a piece of string

Advertisement