Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTR Report

Options
  • 28-06-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm renting a minecraft server from creeperhost.net. I was getting a lot of block lag while playing so I contacted them for help. They asked me to do a MTR test and upon seeing the results they advised me to contact eircom as they think there's a big problem.

I was wondering if an eircom rep would like to see the mtr report. 

From reading it I can see that 70% of packets are being lost on one of the lines between here and london.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Wing126 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm renting a minecraft server from creeperhost.net. I was getting a lot of block lag while playing so I contacted them for help. They asked me to do a MTR test and upon seeing the results they advised me to contact eircom as they think there's a big problem.

I was wondering if an eircom rep would like to see the mtr report. 

From reading it I can see that 70% of packets are being lost on one of the lines between here and london.

Hi Wing126

We really would not be able to offer adviceor support on an MTR report or packet loss from here, there may be an issue with your broadband so the best advice I can offer is to contact broadband support on 1890260260 (option 0 offers a shortcut to speak with an agent). Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you would like you can PM me your eircomaccount details and I'll run a few tests from here before you call technical support? I won’t be able to fix any issues but I might be able to identify the issue before you call tech support.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Hi Alan,

I pmed you there at the weekend.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

I pmed you there at the weekend.

Hi Wing126

I've run a few tests and I can confirm that there are no issues with theline itself, I've contacted broadband support and they have advised you call them as they feel it would be best to do some live troubleshooting with you over a call. Broadband support can be contacted on 1890260260 (option 0). However If I was to offer my opinion I believe this is a direct result of your lines distance from the exchange and I'm not too sure this can be improved. Also, I can see that you are using a quite dated modem and this may be having an adverse affect.

I'm sorry I could not offer better advice.

Thanks

Al

Hi Wing126

I've run a few tests and I can confirm that there are no issues with theline itself, I've contacted broadband support and they have advised you call them as they feel it would be best to do some live troubleshooting with you over a call. Broadband support can be contacted on 1890260260 (option 0). However If I was to offer my opinion I believe this is a direct result of your lines distance from the exchange and I'm not too sure this can be improved. Also, I can see that you are using a quite dated modem and this may be having an adverse affect.

I'm sorry I could not offer better advice.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

I'll try and get in contact with broadband support in that case. 

While we're on the subject of distance, Is there any plans to add more exchanges around bettystown/laytown for the installation of Fibre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Wing126,

I have checked this for you and can confirm that the bettysown/laytown exchanges are due to be upgraded for Fibre between the months of July and September. Eircom will contact you when you are eleigible for the upgrade.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Hi Tracy,

Can you give me a bit more info on this?

I believe there's only 1 exchange covering Laytown/Bettystown and its located in bettystown. To get eFibre apparently I need to be within 1km of the exchange, which I'm not. (I live in Inse Bay, Laytown)

So my question is are new cabinets going to be put in place in Laytown to allow Laytown residents to have access to eFibre? If so, when and where?

Thanks,

Pete
    Hi Wing126,

I have checked this for you and can confirm that the bettysown/laytown exchanges are due to be upgraded for Fibre between the months of July and September. Eircom will contact you when you are eleigible for the upgrade.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracy,

Can you give me a bit more info on this?

I believe there's only 1 exchange covering Laytown/Bettystown and its located in bettystown. To get eFibre apparently I need to be within 1km of the exchange, which I'm not. (I live in Inse Bay, Laytown)

So my question is are new cabinets going to be put in place in Laytown to allow Laytown residents to have access to eFibre? If so, when and where?

Thanks,

Pete
    Hi Wing126,

Thanks

Tracey
    I think there's new cabnets being put around, I've been seeing workers down the road from my house every couple days installing new lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi guys,

I checked with the efibre roll-out team and they confirmed there is still no time-frame for the area as yet.  However we will update the thread if we have any news.

Thanks, Mark 

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I see a new VDSL cab has been built 100m to the left of the Inse Bay estate in Laytown.

Can you tell me when this is due to go live?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I checked with the efibre roll-out team and they confirmed there is still no time-frame for the area as yet.  However we will update the thread if we have any news.

Thanks, Mark 

I see a new VDSL cab has been built 100m to the left of the Inse Bay estate in Laytown.

Can you tell me when this is due to go live?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Thanks, Mark 

Hi Petetheroadie

I can confirm that although there are no plans to bring efibre to lines served by the laytown exchange there are indeed plans to bring efibre to Bettystown between January and March 2014.

I'm unable to offer further information regarding specific VDSL cabs however feel free to PM me your landline number and I'll check which exchange your line is served by.

Also I would like to mention that not all areas and lines will be able to avail of an upgrade to efibre as works will be ongoing over the next year.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement